1. UK
    Moves
    06 Nov '04 21:37
    Why do the move times in My Games show the time as one hour later than it actually is?
    E.g. showing 22:36 when it's 21:36 here in the UK.
    Have you forgotten to put the clock back?
  2. London
    Moves
    06 Nov '04 23:40
    No, the site always runs on UTC (popularly known as GMT.) You need to adjust your time zone (My Settings -> My Time Zone) twice a year if your part of the world observes some kind of summer time, daylight savings time or whatever.

With a lot more programming, Russ could have got you to state your location in some way that would allow the site to work out your time offset automatically, but he would have to account for every time zone in the world, and if there was a bug, it would be very hard for anyone to work around it.
  3. UK
    Moves
    07 Nov '04 23:22
    Originally posted by RolandYoung
    No, the site always runs on UTC (popularly known as GMT.) You need to adjust your time zone (My Settings -> My Time Zone) twice a year if your part of the world observes some kind of summer time, daylight savings time or whatever.

With a lot more programming, Russ could have got you to state your location in some way that would allow the site to work ...[text shortened]... e zone in the world, and if there was a bug, it would be very hard for anyone to work around it.
    Problem is, the site is currently running on GMT +1 hour.
    That would make it BST (British Summer time), which ended on 30th October.
    Since that date, the whole of the UK (except RHP) is now running on GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
  4. London
    Moves
    08 Nov '04 22:28
    Originally posted by martin williams
    Problem is, the site is currently running on GMT +1 hour.
    That would make it BST (British Summer time), which ended on 30th October.
    Since that date, the whole of the UK (except RHP) is now running on GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
    Did you go to My Settings -> My Time Zone ?

I bet if you do you will see something like this:

The current date and time on the 'Red Hot Pawn' server is Nov 08 22:24.
    Your current time Nov 08 23:24
    Your hours difference from GMT: +1

In other words, the site is running on UTC, as it always does, but you have told it that you want 1 hour added to UTC, giving BST, which as you say ended on 30th October. If you would like to see the correct time displayed, enter the correct hours difference. It's as easy as that.
  5. UK
    Moves
    14 Nov '04 11:36
    Thanks Roland, I've now done this and all is well :o)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree