Standard memberraoul
Help 19 Jan '03 16:40
  1. Joined
    17 Jan '03
    Moves
    19 Jan '03 16:40
    Hello,

In Message Log, I found messages sent by my opponents. Are those messages suppose to appear in a popup window, or it is by email ?
    I do not want my oppponents to think I am rude but I cannot respond to a message if I am unaware they've sent me one.

note : I disabled email notice of opponent's moves & I rarely launch outlook anyway.
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    19 Jan '03 16:47
    If your opponent has sent you a message then the text appears just above the board, in red letters.

If you want to reply to a message, click "message your opponent" and then type in the box that appears, then just press move as normal.

Mark
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Jan '03 16:482 edits
    The messages you refer to have nothing to do with e-mail.

If your opponent sends you a message during a game, it will appear just above your board, when you go to that game and it is your move.

That means the message was sent along with your opponents last move. It will not appear there again, but will be kept in the message log along with the move number.

You can send a message or reply to a message only when it is your turn to move.

Enter your move, then look on the right side of the board, below the 'move' button. You will see a place that says 'message your opponent'.

Click on that and a small dialog box will open. Type your message in it, then click the 'move' button. Your move and message will be sent to your opponent.

Once you click the move button, you cannot send a message any longer until it is again your move...

I should also mention that these messages are only visible to you and your opponent. Nobody else can see them, if they happen to look at your game.

Hope that helps!

regards, Marc
  4. Joined
    17 Jan '03
    Moves
    19 Jan '03 16:55
    Well, I never notice any red-lettered messages. That goes to show I am way too focused on the chess board.

thanks for the replies.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Jan '03 16:58
    Originally posted by raoul
    Well, I never notice any red-lettered messages. That goes to show I am way too focused on the chess board.

thanks for the replies.
    It takes a little time to see all the features available here!🙂

I hope you enjoy the site.
    Marc
  6. Joined
    16 Oct '01
    Moves
    20 Jan '03 20:32
    When I click on "Message Your Opponent" (either single or double click), nothing happens. Any suggestions?
  7. Joined
    17 Jan '03
    Moves
    20 Jan '03 20:58
    A "text area" should appear under the Message your opponent button. Similar to the one where you type a New Post on these forums (a bit smaller).
  8. Joined
    16 Oct '01
    Moves
    24 Jan '03 01:23
    No such box appears when I click on the Message Your Opponent button. I don't know why not.
  9. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    24 Jan '03 01:24
    What internet browser/browser version are you using?
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Jan '03 04:41
    I had that problem when I was using an older version of Netscape.
  11. Red Hot Rebels Clan
    Moves
    24 Jan '03 13:02
    Can anyone tell me how to delete games in your archive's?:'(
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    24 Jan '03 14:05
    They've got a thread in the General forum on this topic, Ray. It says you cant delete em. Whats the matter, you dont like looking at the words "you won" a couple of hundred times?😀
  13. Red Hot Rebels Clan
    Moves
    28 Jan '03 20:58
    Yea, I've already found out you can't. I was just thinking if everyone has all there games that they can't delete, isn't that cluttering up the site and possibly slowing things down.
  14. Chapel Hill, NC
    Moves
    28 Jan '03 21:26
    It's important to have a permanent public record at least of all the rated games, so people can check if someone has cheated in the past to inflate their rating, as happens occasionally (by playing against a dummy account, for example).
  15. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    28 Jan '03 23:121 edit
    Originally posted by ngv76
    It's important to have a permanent public record at least of all the rated games, so people can check if someone has cheated in the past to inflate their rating, as happens occasionally (by playing against a dummy account, for example).
    I think this may or may not be a good idea. About a month ago, I brought to the RHP public's attention an incidence of cheating ("figging" ) to which I was a witness. Although I thought I was fairly nice (slightly facetious) about it, I was crucified. I don't think people care. Also, this could be decieving. For example, a good friend of mine, Warspite, plays and wins many games with a player called 'milchcow'. However, milchcow is no dummy account, but a real person. This would, of course, easily be construed as a dummy account. We should be careful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree