1. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    30 Aug '04 12:59
    Russ,

There are always a few messages that I'd like to keep longer (some forever) ... Unfortunatly this is not possible ... Any chances to change the system so that you still have a max. of 100, but can keep the ones you really like (as long as you stay within your 100) - Maybe a system like hotmail...

Once again, I have no clue how much work that would involve, but if not too much, I think it would enhance RHP

Regards
    Boris
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    30 Aug '04 15:29
    You could 'cut and paste' messages you wish to keep, and paste them into an offline text file for now. Not the best solution to your suggestion, but it would work until something better is done.

just an idea.....
    Marc
  3. Behind you...
    Moves
    30 Aug '04 21:20
    Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
    Russ,

There are always a few messages that I'd like to keep longer (some forever) ... Unfortunatly this is not possible ... Any chances to change the system so that you still have a max. of 100, but can keep the ones you really like (as long as you stay within your 100) - Maybe a system like hotmail...

Once again, I have no clue how much work that would involve, but if not too much, I think it would enhance RHP

Regards
    Boris
    Being very sentimental, I wanted to keep your clan message "...Welcome..." that officially made me a member of Metallica, but alas, it is gone now. 🙁 *sniffle* I hardly knew ye.

-Kev
  4. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    31 Aug '04 03:18
    I personally would prefer a system where it's up to me to delete the messages I don't want to keep, rather than them automatically being purged.

More than happy to have a size limit (100 messages) and make it so the system won't let you read new e-mails until you delete old ones to bring your mailbox under the limit.

There were a couple that I cut-and-paste, but somehow that isn't quite as satisfying as reading them here in their original home.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree