1. Joined
    22 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '04 08:49
    Originally posted by Exy
    Obviously you can check how many moves made by scrolling through the "Player Tables" but it's a bit of a faff. It makes sense to show this on the Player's profile somewhere.
    Obviously eh?

I don't see anywhere in the player tables that shows you how many moves you made last month.

Where is it?

I can only see moves this month.
  2. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '04 08:54
    Originally posted by davefish
    Obviously eh?

I don't see anywhere in the player tables that shows you how many moves you made last month.

Where is it?

I can only see moves this month.
    Sorry, you're correct Dave, I meant moves made this month.
  3. Joined
    22 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Jun '04 09:092 edits
    No worries Exy.

I agree with what you are saying about calculating the move frequency rather than the player selecting it.

As I stated earlier I don't really care how frequently my opponent moves.
    However my selected frequency is once a day. I have played numerous games of over 10 or 20 moves per day. My selected frequency is misleading. Most of the time, if my opponent is online then I will try and finish the game if they keep moving too.

I agree that it makes sense to show the number of moves made this month on the player profile page. This is also probably easy to achieve.

I will also give you a 'rec' on your first post in this thread.

Dave

🙂
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '04 19:08
    Somebody could quite rightly mark themselves as playing "Mulitple Moves A Day" but when you look at it they only play 20 or so concurrent games.

And somebody could rightly say they make a move "One A Day" but play 100 concurrent games and make a move in each.

So, one appears to move quicker than the other but the reverse is true. The move count is recorded, surely it can be used to display something more accurate than this on the users profile?
  5. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    05 Jul '04 03:48
    If you're really concerned about this, you can always click on a person's name and find out more about what they've actually been doing - how many open games, when they last moved in each of them, etc etc.

To my mind it's too hard to come up with something objectively useful. Different people will think different factors are more or less important. Number of moves per month doesn't tell me much without knowing how many games the person is playing... or how many weeks they've been patiently waiting for an opponent because they're enjoying a game and don't want to time out!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree