1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 17:14
    In my profile settings there are an option indication "Move frequency. The alternatives are: "All day", "Multiple a day", "Once a day", "Every few days", "Every week".

Q: What does this mean? Does it mean how many times you are (a) sitting at the computer, (b) making a move, or (c) making a move in every game you have, thus keeping the 'games waiting' to zero.

Why I ask is that one of my opponents was very sour at me, saying that "If your move frequency is 'Multiple a day', why are you not giving me at lest a move a day then?" I say that as long I am within my thinking time, I can move as slow I want, or quick I want too, for that matter.

Q: So what does the move frequency actually mean? Does it tell for every game, as for all my games as a whole?

I would rather have some number of activity, like expected move frequency on average, like move per day per game or something, than the todays alternatives.

I am likely to move a game with 21/21 thinking time very less frequent than a 1/0 game.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 17:39
    It's just a way for you to give a very general indication of how often you might make moves in your games.

It doesn't mean much really. I don't think anyone should take it too seriously and it certainly isn't in any way binding.
  3. UK
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 19:49
    Yeah it's just meant to be a guide to how often you think you might move.

It's not the law.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Mar '08 00:31
    After a similar experience I moved my setting from "all day" back to "multiple", because I always clear the "my moves" within 24 hours. If I couldn't do this I'd reset it to "once a day" so people didn't get the wrong idea. I think the description is ambiguous anyway as FF points out.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '08 18:37
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    After a similar experience I moved my setting from "all day" back to "multiple", because I always clear the "my moves" within 24 hours. If I couldn't do this I'd reset it to "once a day" so people didn't get the wrong idea. I think the description is ambiguous anyway as FF points out.
    I changed mine to "Every week" now. Then people cannot be disappointed with me.

Like if would be a weather man and always predicted rain and never sun. If it rains, then I am right. If sun shines, then people would be happy anyway. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree