1. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 21:03
    Can I change the notification I get from 'red hot pawn' to 'time for chess' or 'chess at work' to enable the emails to get through the filter at my work?
  2. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 21:36
    Originally posted by topnzbrb
    Can I change the notification I get from 'red hot pawn' to 'time for chess' or 'chess at work' to enable the emails to get through the filter at my work?
    No, not at this time.
  3. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 21:37
    Thanks for letting me know.
  4. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 21:45
    Thanks for letting me know.
    However, the emails mimic whichever site you use. If you use redhotpawn, the move notifications emails are from the redhotpawn robot, if you use timeforchess, the move notificationes are from the timeforchess robot, et cetera.
  5. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 21:47
    I log into time for chess when I am at work but the notifications from my opponents come from red hot pawn... does that mean they are logged into RHP?
  6. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 21:52
    I log into time for chess when I am at work but the notifications from my opponents come from red hot pawn... does that mean they are logged into RHP?
    You may be logged in on several of the sites. If you are just playing on timeforchess, the move notifications should come from timeforchess alone. Your opponents don't affect your move notifications.
  7. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 21:57
    Thank you... I'm sure I understand what you are saying but... when I do log into time for chess the move notifications I receive come from RHP. That's why I tried using TFC, to change the notifications from RHP.
  8. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 21:59
    Originally posted by Drew
    However, the emails mimic whichever site you use. If you use redhotpawn, the move notifications emails are from the redhotpawn robot, if you use timeforchess, the move notificationes are from the timeforchess robot, et cetera.
    I'm not sure that is true.
    I use ALL the sites - CAW at work, TFC at work and home, PTIG when I'm feeling weird, RHP when my eyesight needs a poke. The emails ALWAYS come from RHP.

You could send feedback and see if Russ can change this, but I don't believe that the site can determine your 'favourite' instance.

It's easy enough to set up a google mail account though and create a filter to forward these emails to wherever.
  9. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 22:05
    Originally posted by orangutan
    I'm not sure that is true.
    I use ALL the sites - CAW at work, TFC at work and home, PTIG when I'm feeling weird, RHP when my eyesight needs a poke. The emails ALWAYS come from RHP.

You could send feedback and see if Russ can change this, but I don't believe that the site can determine your 'favourite' instance.

It's easy enough to set up a google mail account though and create a filter to forward these emails to wherever.
    That is interesting, I only use Chessatwork and every single move notification (I checked the last 30 emails or so) are all from the Chessatwork robot.
  10. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 22:07
    Thank you... I'm sure I understand what you are saying but... when I do log into time for chess the move notifications I receive come from RHP. That's why I tried using TFC, to change the notifications from RHP.
    You could try disabling your move notifications on the redhotpawn site, log off then log on to timeforchess, and enable them once more through the timeforchess site and see if that makes a difference.
  11. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 22:08
    Thanks for your suggestions, they're good but do I really need another gmail account? I've just got it back to three!!!

I read somewhere on the site that posting on the help forum was better than sending feedback. More chance of getting noticed.

It would be a good site feature to be able to select the domain notification emails came from.
  12. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 22:09
    You could try disabling your move notifications on the redhotpawn site, log off then log on to timeforchess, and enable them once more through the timeforchess site and see if that makes a difference.
    I will try that Drew and post back here when I know.
  13. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 22:22
    Didn't work 🙁
  14. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 13:08
    That is interesting, I only use Chessatwork and every single move notification (I checked the last 30 emails or so) are all from the Chessatwork robot.
    It's probably set to the site where you first sign up.
  15. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 13:09
    Thanks for your suggestions, they're good but do I really need another gmail account? I've just got it back to three!!!

I read somewhere on the site that posting on the help forum was better than sending feedback. More chance of getting noticed.

It would be a good site feature to be able to select the domain notification emails came from.
    Send feedback.

Promise to subscribe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree