1. Standard memberArther
    The Turtle Hermit
    Turtle Island
    Moves
    03 Dec '03 01:10
    How hard would it be to add to the email notification the opponent's move in algebraic notation as well as in FEN? Speaking for myself, I would find this much more useful. As it stands, to discover my opponent's move, I have to either copy & paste to a document to read the fen, or I have to check all my games for the actual moves. Since I'm on a dialup modem, I can't study the positions on line for very long.
  2. Standard memberstammer
    just another webgeek
    Moves
    03 Dec '03 05:43
    OK, newbie question I've been meaning to ask, hope it doesn't sidetrack the original post. Been reading the e-mails, have seen the FEN's. Can anyone explain to me what the FEN is and how to read it?

Thanks.
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    03 Dec '03 12:34
    Originally posted by stammer
    OK, newbie question I've been meaning to ask, hope it doesn't sidetrack the original post. Been reading the e-mails, have seen the FEN's. Can anyone explain to me what the FEN is and how to read it?

Thanks.
    well strammer, this a bit off-topic, but... read this thread:
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?id=7185
    th

ps: I support the idea in the initial posting and repeat that there is some work to do with the pgn-export... *never ending critics* 😴

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree