1. Berks.
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 21:45
    A quick question, regarding a new feature which I like a lot. Naturally enabled it, yet the other day got several sent to me. Notice it had been disabled (not by me). Is this a minor one off issue related to the introduction of the new My Games page, or another problem?
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 22:54
    I have not experienced this. My guess is it is not just a one time thing due to the new My Games page alone.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 23:48
    Originally posted by Peakite
    A quick question, regarding a new feature which I like a lot. Naturally enabled it, yet the other day got several sent to me. Notice it had been disabled (not by me). Is this a minor one off issue related to the introduction of the new My Games page, or another problem?
    I am a bit confused - don't you mean you disabled the move reminders, yet got some? That's what happened to me. I checked my email settings, and the move reminders are still disabled there. The first reminder came shortly after the new My Games page was introduced, so I also suspect it has something to do with that.
  4. Berks.
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 11:34
    Yep.

Although after receiving these few I went into my site settings and changed the box (inadvertently as it turns out to allow them). As a result I have recieved one today. But I'm positive I'd originally disabled them, and for a few days didn't get any from one or two individuals who who sent out as many as they could.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 13:30
    Yep.

Although after receiving these few I went into my site settings and changed the box (inadvertently as it turns out to allow them). As a result I have recieved one today. But I'm positive I'd originally disabled them, and for a few days didn't get any from one or two individuals who who sent out as many as they could.
    I just got another move reminder. They are still disabled in my settings.
  6. Standard memberjfkjmh
    nice one
    bed, chair or floor
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 23:37
    Yep.

Here is my guess on this matter:
    Maybe your opponents already had the option to send the reminders before you turned this off but they only made use of it afterwards when the sign was still there. (Russ probably wouldn't delete anything on your opponents My Game Pages - too much trouble for few incidents as you are likely to move the same day as you change the settings).
    In this case the opponents won't be able to do so ON THE NEXT MOVE because the option will no longer be available to them now.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 13:32
    It seems that I can't quote the last post without getting an error message, so I'll try again without the quote.

Does the sign disappear if your opponent has disabled the move reminders? I thought they just wouldn't be sent. Anyway, in my case I got them a long time after I had disabled them, in games in which I had certainly moved since then.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 14:00
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    It seems that I can't quote the last post without getting an error message, so I'll try again without the quote.

Does the sign disappear if your opponent has disabled the move reminders? I thought they just wouldn't be sent. Anyway, in my case I got them a long time after I had disabled them, in games in which I had certainly moved since then.
    The send reminder icon doesn't show up at all for players who have chosen not to receive reminders.

D
  9. The sky
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 14:07
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The send reminder icon doesn't show up at all for players who have chosen not to receive reminders.

D
    Okay (it seems that all people I play who haven't moved for several days have enabled them, so I couldn't tell). That still doesn't explain why I am getting them, though.
  10. Berks.
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 19:03
    Just got another myself.

I've checked, and the option to receive move reminders is unchecked (i.e. disabled).
  11. The sky
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 22:07
    Just got another myself.

I've checked, and the option to receive move reminders is unchecked (i.e. disabled).
    Yep, same here.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 16:23
    It appears that the new 'my games' page had this new feature disabled, so I have now re-enabled it again.

No more move reminders, I promise. 😀

-Russ
  13. The sky
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 19:08
    Originally posted by Russ
    It appears that the new 'my games' page had this new feature disabled, so I have now re-enabled it again.

No more move reminders, I promise. 😀

-Russ
    Great, thanks! 🙂
  14. Joined
    24 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 20:04
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Great, thanks! 🙂
    how do i send a ove reminderm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree