1. Joined
    26 Jan '11
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 09:07
    Should I take such an 'order' seriously? The more so as I still have at least 11 hours for a move (and Timebank).
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 10:21
    Originally posted by oef
    Should I take such an 'order' seriously? The more so as I still have at least 11 hours for a move (and Timebank).
    Nope...the reminder can amount to little more than a 'constant' tool to play at their speed. If it's a gentle reminder that time is all but out, a different matter...thank them for doing so.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 10:27
    There is an option that allows a 'move reminder' to be sent but that is not an 'order' to move. You can not be "ordered" to move.

However, if you fail to move within the times you agreed to it could cost you the game eventually but first you would have to use up all of your time bank.

Just play your own game and move when you're ready.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 15:56
    Originally posted by oef
    To prevent this in future go to My Settings, My Email settings and untick the "Move Reminder" option.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 11:48
    Originally posted by oef
    I second the other replies; and I'd like to add that I've always wished that the envelope only appeared when you've used up your normal time-out. Right now, it appears a full day earlier, which is a bit excessive in 3-day games. It isn't even because I get sent move reminders when my time isn't up; as the others said, I just ignore those. My main problem is that I myself only want to send a reminder when my opponent is running into his timebank, and as it is now, I can't rely on the presence of the envelope for that. I have to view the game itself to check whether that turn's time-out has been used up, or I risk sending the reminder when it's not necessary.

Richard
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 18:21
    Originally posted by oef
    if you fail to move inside an hour of that request your opponents automatically gets an email from rhp including your name, address and phone number. who knows what kind of psychopaths you're playing against.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 18:51
    Originally posted by trev33
    if you fail to move inside an hour of that request your opponents automatically gets an email from rhp including your name, address and phone number. who knows what kind of psychopaths you're playing against.
    i hope oef isn't playing you. We all know about your ways...
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 14:06
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    i hope oef isn't playing you. We all know about your ways...
    SENDS MOVE REQUEST... SENDS MOVE REQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*touches finger tips together repetitively*... now all i have to do it wait. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  9. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 22:25
    Originally posted by trev33
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Shouldn't you be somewhere looking for your password?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree