1. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 11:40
    I see there are a ton of posts here regarding the use of the vacation flag - but I couldn't find an answer to my question. I am playing a sub who is involved in about 80 games ... seemed to me that every one has the vacation flag up. Issue is that he is making moves too, and while making the moves is OK - he has not moved in our game.. and I think has 'morally' timed-out.

Is there a way to make him move? get out of the game?

or is my only recourse to resign? ... and help him with a rating he obviously doesn't deserve?

if I were a subscriber... what would my recourse be... any different?

TIA

Mike
  2. The sky
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 12:02
    Originally posted by Mike M
    I see there are a ton of posts here regarding the use of the vacation flag - but I couldn't find an answer to my question. I am playing a sub who is involved in about 80 games ... seemed to me that every one has the vacation flag up. Issue is that he is making moves too, and while making the moves is OK - he has not moved in our game.. and I think has 'mora ...[text shortened]... rve?

if I were a subscriber... what would my recourse be... any different?

TIA

Mike
    I assume you are referring to this game, as it's your only game in progress against a subscriber: Game 4267484

"White has 11 days 3 hours and 1 minute to move. (plus timebank)

White has 28 days of timebank remaining."

How has he "'morally' timed-out"? His vacation flag doesn't have anything to do with it, he has tons of time left anyway. My advice - don't play games with long time controls.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 13:14
    This is one of the reasons I became a subscriber. I have as many games as I want. I'm not restricted to six games only. If any game is being stalled of some reason (like vacation) then I don't care, I just start another game if I want.

When I was new to the site and only had the six games a a non-subscriber, then I was often frustrated by players not moving for a long time so I understand the problem. Be a subscriber and you will not have this kind of problems any more.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 14:26
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This is one of the reasons I became a subscriber. I have as many games as I want. I'm not restricted to six games only. If any game is being stalled of some reason (like vacation) then I don't care, I just start another game if I want.

When I was new to the site and only had the six games a a non-subscriber, then I was often frustrated by players not m ...[text shortened]... understand the problem. Be a subscriber and you will not have this kind of problems any more.
    Reasonable post Fab... I expected you to climb on-board complaining about vacation.

I WAS WRONG!

P-
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 15:55
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Reasonable post Fab... I expected you to climb on-board complaining about vacation.

I WAS WRONG!

P-
    You know my opinion, dear friend, I don't have to repeat it. 😛
  6. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 18:09
    I stand corrected..... I might not like it - but it is what it is I suppose...

The point I was trying to make was that the player is not "on vacation" ... and I can see the oly alternative is to become a sub here... which I think I may do.

The rules are the rules - but I still think you should not be able to move in any game if you are on vacation.

Thanks for the replies
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 18:17

The point I was trying to make was that the player is not "on vacation" ... and I can see the oly alternative is to become a sub here... which I think I may do.

The rules are the rules - but I still think you should not be able to move in any game if you are on vacation.

Thanks for the replies
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=63417&page=2

D
  8. The sky
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 18:40
    When I am on vacation, it usually means that I have very limited internet access or time. However, I'll still try to move when I can, especially in games in which my timebank is starting to deplete, or games in which my move doesn't require much thinking. If we were not allowed to move while on vacation, I would still put up my flag because I wouldn't want to risk being timed out in some games. So instead of just a few (if any) opponents having to wait for my next move until I am back, all my opponents would have to wait. What would be gained?
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 20:02

Thanks for the replies
    Would you have made this thread if they were on vacation and moving in your game? They could move 3 minutes from now, or later today, or tomorrow.

If they were not able to move in any games, they might not move in your game for a month, depending how long they are vacationing for.

P-
  10. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 22:40
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Would you have made this thread if they were on vacation and moving in your game? They could move 3 minutes from now, or later today, or tomorrow.

If they were not able to move in any games, they might not move in your game for a month, depending how long they are vacationing for.

P-
    Good point .. I guess the honest answer is I wuold not have noticed the issue at all....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree