My

My "EDIT" post option disappears...

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KS

Moves
12 Jun 05

Is there a time control on this? Additionally, the FAQs say I can click "alert moderators" under an offensive post, is this the "send feedback" link?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by King Scotty
Is there a time control on this? Additionally, the FAQs say I can click "alert moderators" under an offensive post, is this the "send feedback" link?
edit is for 1hr I was told.

it is the "alert moderators" link directly beneath the post, not at the foot of the pag which is where you ae finding the send feedback (it is entirely different)

Whilst you're there feel free to click 'rec' for this comprehensive answer 😉

N

The sky

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by rhb
edit is for 1hr I was told.

it is the "alert moderators" link directly beneath the post, not at the foot of the pag which is where you ae finding the send feedback (it is entirely different)

Whilst you're there feel free to click 'rec' for this comprehensive answer 😉
He can't, because he is not a subscriber. Maybe he doesn't have the "alert moderator" link either.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by Nordlys
He can't, because he is not a subscriber. Maybe he doesn't have the "alert moderator" link either.
Good point.

Maybe you could do it for him then 😉

N

The sky

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by rhb
Good point.

Maybe you could do it for him then 😉
Well, your post wasn't really that helpful after all, was it? 😉

KS

Moves
12 Jun 05

Maybe he doesn't have the "alert moderator" link either.[/b]
Exactly!

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
12 Jun 05
1 edit

Well, your post wasn't really that helpful after all, was it? 😉
Well - lets see shall we?!

It answered point 1, and as it is not clear yet if non-subscribers can alert posts or not, there is still a chance for it to be 100% helpful in terms of the original question. Regardless, the answer made it clear that it is not the 'send feedback' link.

Additinoally - It has helped me also, I have learned that a non-subscriber cannot rec me.

Further still - It helped you in that readers of this thread will appreciate moreso your depth of knowledge regarding recs and alerts, and once the alert issue is clarified you will be equally endowed with that information for future threads 🙂

KS

Moves
12 Jun 05
1 edit

Originally posted by rhb
, and as it is not clear yet if non-subscribers can alert posts or not,
Alerting a post should be a basic human right, not something I have to pay for. EDIT:I'll be back in one hour.

N

The sky

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by rhb
Well - lets see shall we?!

It answered point 1, and as it is not clear yet if non-subscribers can alert posts or not, there is still a chance for it to be 100% helpful in terms of the original question. Regardless, the answer made it clear that it is not the 'send feedback' link.

Additinoally - It has helped me also, I have learned that a non-subscriber ...[text shortened]... alert issue is clarified you will be equally endowed with that information for future threads 🙂
Okay okay, well done. Nevertheless, you'll stay rec(k)less. I don't want to contribute to the current recinflation. Sorry, dude...😛

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
12 Jun 05

Okay okay, well done. Nevertheless, you'll stay rec(k)less. I don't want to contribute to the current recinflation. Sorry, dude...😛
dah - it would have been a life changer had I got it... nevermind, back to work tomorrow instead! 😛

KS

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by rhb
dah - it would have been a life changer had I got it... nevermind, back to work tomorrow instead! 😛
OK, thank-you for answering the edit question. Will someone please tell me why the alert moderator function has to be paid for?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
12 Jun 05
1 edit

OK, thank-you for answering the edit question. Will someone please tell me why the alert moderator function has to be paid for?
Because that's how this database has been programmed.

If you put a good enough case forward for it being otherwise (submitted via the 'send feedback' link) then Russ (who is a reasonable guy) might change it.

If it can't be changed and you don't like the rules, then don't read/post in the forums.

KS

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by rhb
the "alert moderators" link directly beneath the post, not at the foot of the pag which is where you ae finding the send feedback (it is entirely different)
Are you now telling me that the two functions are the same?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
13 Jun 05

Are you now telling me that the two functions are the same?
OK under each post there are some options. Non-subscribers have Reply, Reply & Quote and Edit. The last one only appears under your posts and only for an hour from when the post was made.

Subscribers have those plus Alert Moderator and Reccommend.

The Send Feedback function is for when you need to get in contact with Russ. This could be because you have a problem subscribing (He'll sort out a way for you to pay) or because you have an issue with the site (it's not working properly for example).

KS

Moves
13 Jun 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
OK under each post there are some options. Non-subscribers have Reply, Reply & Quote and Edit. The last one only appears under your posts and only for an hour from when the post was made.

Subscribers have those plus Alert Moderator and Reccommend.

The Send Feedback function is for when you need to get in contact with Russ. This could be because you h ...[text shortened]... you to pay) or because you have an issue with the site (it's not working properly for example).
So are you saying that all non-subscribers have to use the send feedback link to alert a mod.?