1. St. John's
    Moves
    17 Nov '03 16:351 edit
    I know I brought this topic up before but I can't seem to find that thread so here goes......I'd like to see a skip games feature beside each game on the My Games page. I currently have 160+ games ongoing (too many to be sure but I'm addicted to the tournaments).

The Zeta tourney started a couple of days ago. I'd like to wait a few days to start theses games so I can finish off a bunch of current games. However now I have to skip my way through theses games or return each time to My Games screen and select a game. Perhaps I'm missing a shortcut ??!! If the skip games feature was available I could preselect any number of games I'd like to skip and focus on my personal preferences. Any thoughts ??!!
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Nov '03 19:11
    Originally posted by ROOMS2004
    I know I brought this topic up before but I can't seem to find that thread so here goes......I'd like to see a skip games feature beside each game on the My Games page. I currently have 160+ games ongoing (too many to be sure but I'm addicted to the tournaments).

The Zeta tourney started a couple of days ago. I'd like to wait a few days to start the ...[text shortened]... any number of games I'd like to skip and focus on my personal preferences. Any thoughts ??!!
    For the time being, why not do this :

View all your games on the 'My Games' page.

If you are using MS IE, hold down the shift key when you click a game. It will then open in a new window. Make your move, close the window.

I browse the web with my finger almost permanently on the shift key so I don't need to keep reloading pages - it is easy to forget that others don't know this trick!

-Russ
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    18 Nov '03 23:56
    russ' suggestion is wonderful. anyone know how to do it with a right mouse click?
  4. Florida
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 00:11
    I have people who want to join my clan. How do they go about doing this. My site doesn't have a "Request Clan Membership" link.

cdurkin
    Wellington Chess Club
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 02:49
    Originally posted by cdurkin
    I have people who want to join my clan. How do they go about doing this. My site doesn't have a "Request Clan Membership" link.

cdurkin
    Wellington Chess Club
    answered - see "Request Clan Membership" thread in this forum

skeeter
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 02:551 edit
    Originally posted by Russ

If you are using MS IE, hold down the shift key when you click a game. It will then open in a new window. Make your move, close the window.

I brows ...[text shortened]... t is easy to forget that others don't know this trick!

-Russ
    Yes but it doesn't refresh the 'my games' page at the next board so you still have to reload it every so often to keep it current.

skeeter
  7. Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 12:33
    Originally posted by flexmore
    russ' suggestion is wonderful. anyone know how to do it with a right mouse click?
    Not sure about IE.

However in Mozilla - Right Click then "Open Link In New Window" or "Open Link In New Tab".

Been doing this for ages...
  8. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 12:38
    hey same her thanx
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Nov '03 19:24
    Originally posted by flexmore
    hey same her thanx
    Right click it and hit "N" on the keyboard... no waiting for the pop-up menue.

Works as well as shift... that's a new one to me.
  10. Spokane, WA
    Moves
    20 Nov '03 10:51
    Oh my gosh, you all are my new rhp heroes! Always wondered if there was a way not to do it the long way, just never thought to ask. Thanks! 😵
  11. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    20 Nov '03 13:18
    for me all these things are just workarounds: I think it would make sense to be able to set all the skip (or whatever) in my settings,
    so long
    th
  12. St. John's
    Moves
    02 Dec '03 13:04

I browse the web with my finger almost permanently on the shift key so I don't need to keep reloading pages - it is easy to forget that others don't know this trick!

-Russ
    Excellent....works well.....thanks for the tip !! By the way, "for the time being" does that mean you are working on a skip option 🙂

Any more shortcuts and quirky things out there that people might want to share, either working your way around the RHP site or the web !??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree