NaN?

Standard memberdavidmacc
Help 28 Feb '07 06:25
  1. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 06:25
    I can't figure out what this acronym on the new tournament page means - can any satisfay my curiosity?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 07:56
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    I can't figure out what this acronym on the new tournament page means - can any satisfay my curiosity?
    NaN means "Not a Number".
  3. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 09:27
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    NaN means "Not a Number".
    Thanks FabianFnas - that's the only answer I could find through Google. The problem is that it seems to refer to something which looks very much like a number! :-)
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 10:02
    Thanks FabianFnas - that's the only answer I could find through Google. The problem is that it seems to refer to something which looks very much like a number! :-)
    When you see this message, it usually stems from some error. The CPU gets a floating point number which is not defined as a real number, it is Not-A-Number, and signals to the program that the CPU can't handle this. When the program don't know what to do with this error message, it delivers the same message to the user, who can, but more often cannot, deal with it.

When you encounter this in the Tournament Page, perhaps this is something Russ et al should analyze.
  5. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 10:21
    I see the same thing - this is a problem with the 'tournament page' grease-monkey script.

Looks like the tournament page has changed slightly and this has probably affected the calculation of how many possible points there are to get (the figure in the brackets).
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 10:28
    Originally posted by orangutan
    I see the same thing - this is a problem with the 'tournament page' grease-monkey script.

Looks like the tournament page has changed slightly and this has probably affected the calculation of how many possible points there are to get (the figure in the brackets).
    Aha, it is a FireFox-problem. In Internet Explorer I experience no problems at all.

(Sorry, couldn't resist!) 😛
  7. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 10:42
    Aha, it is a FireFox-problem. In Internet Explorer I experience no problems at all.

Not firefox as such - It's the greasemonkey script that ouroboros wrote, it just needs updating to match the new tournament page layout.

These scripts give soooo much more functionality than 'simple' IE can give you.

8. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 10:48

No, it is not a firefox problem.
    It is a problem with the greasemonkey script that gave us firefox users allready the same functionality a long time ago, as do the new tournament pages now.

Someone that doesn't have that greasemonkey script installed, doesn't experience any problems.

Adje
  9. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 11:17
    Originally posted by adje
    No, it is not a firefox problem.
    It is a problem with the greasemonkey script that gave us firefox users allready the same functionality a long time ago, as do the new tournament pages now.

Someone that doesn't have that greasemonkey script installed, doesn't experience any problems.

Adje
    You're right.
    I hadn't noticed this before - The site has now caught up with the ouroboros script functionality.

Uninstall the tournament script and no more errors - but you can still see the total possible points.
    It's a win - win situation 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree