1. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    02 Mar '03 00:39
    Hello Russ,
    My son is staying with me for the weekend, and I would like to sign him up on RHP. He has a separate computer at his residence. Can we make him a member on my computer, and then he gets home he will be able to log onto his?

2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Mar '03 00:432 edits
    I'm not Russ, but maybe I can help.

The first thing to do is log yourself out, then have him join as a new member. Just sign him up using your e-mail address, then when he gets home all he has to do is log on with that and then go into his settings and enter his own e-mail address. Or maybe he can just sign on now, but put in his own e-mail address right away.

I think either way will work just fine. Just be aware that he will not be able to change his username later.

regards, Marc
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    02 Mar '03 13:39
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Just be aware that he will not be able to change his username later.
    off topic I know, but why can't we change our username? The user ID (in the database something like this exists, mine: 30890) is unique and forever, but why the username? I know this could cause some confusion in the forum, but... πŸ˜‰
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    03 Mar '03 00:02
    I'm not Russ, but maybe I can help.

The first thing to do is log yourself out, then have him join as a new member. Just sign him up using your e-mail address, then when he gets home all he has to do is log on with that and then go into his settings and enter his own e-mail address. Or maybe he can just sign on now, but put in his own e-mail address rig ...[text shortened]... st fine. Just be aware that he will not be able to change his username later.

regards, Marc
    Thank you Mr. Miller, it worked just fine by my home computer to log off, log on with a handle for him and his e-mail addressπŸ™‚
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Mar '03 00:141 edit
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Thank you Mr. Miller, it worked just fine by my home computer to log off, log on with a handle for him and his e-mail addressπŸ™‚
    Glad it worked! Another RHP member, with hopefully a star in his future!

Regards, Marc

p.s. And for the other question, Thire, I don't know the answer to that one. Sorry.
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    03 Mar '03 12:41

p.s. And for the other question, Thire, I don't know the answer to that one. Sorry.
    nerver mind (nirvana) πŸ˜‰
    thanks anyway!!!

BTW: I got my pawnstar yesterday πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€.
    I subscribed and within less then one hour I got my pawnstar and I could enter the New Joiners Turnament!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

super site, I like the place - keep on Russ and Chris... πŸ™‚
  7. Joined
    06 Dec '02
    Moves
    03 Mar '03 14:52
    Tried to register my son as a pawnstar for his birthday. So I logged in as he, clicked on register. GAve my financial details, and (which might have been the big mistake) my email address for the billing. So that was last tuesday, and he still hasn't become a pawnstar. What could have went wrong. Did I register me twice now instead of him. What should I do to resolve this?
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    03 Mar '03 15:22
    Originally posted by phonytician
    Tried to register my son as a pawnstar for his birthday. So I logged in as he, clicked on register. GAve my financial details, and (which might have been the big mistake) my email address for the billing. So that was last tuesday, and he still hasn't become a pawnstar. What could have went wrong. Did I register me twice now instead of him. What should I do to resolve this?
    I also used my e-mail address for the billing. I used HIS e-mail address, password and handle to sign him up. The fact that you did this last Tuesday is also unsettling to me. I ask the brass to come forth and educate us!
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Mar '03 20:33
    For problems related to billing you probably should send a feedback, or at least start a new thread so it will catch the attention of Russ or Chris.

Tagging it onto another thread that has been on the forum for a few days may just go un-noticed.

just my free advice,
    Marc
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    04 Mar '03 08:14
    For problems related to billing you probably should send a feedback, or at least start a new thread so it will catch the attention of Russ or Chris.

Tagging it onto another thread that has been on the forum for a few days may just go un-noticed.

just my free advice,
    Marc
    Thanks Marc, sent off a note in "feedback"
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    04 Mar '03 08:47
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Thanks Marc, sent off a note in "feedback"
    Of course, within a half hour of sending a note to feedback, the lad is a pawnstarπŸ™‚πŸ™„
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    04 Mar '03 13:29
    Originally posted by phonytician
    I contacted Russ using the feedback option and he told me that what you suspected was true. I would suggest you do the same thing, the minute Russ got my mail the issue was corrected.
    Regards, Bob

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree