new T/O idea?

Standard memberthire
Help 20 Apr '03 14:59
  1. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    20 Apr '03 14:59
    I don't know too much about correspondence chess but why not create timelimits like 3 weeks for each player for the whole game? (this is also more real-chess like)
    th
  2. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    22 Apr '03 12:07
    Interesting idea - I pondered it for the tournies, so that each round could be set to start on a specific date. Unfortuantly there are problems which mean it'd never work. Imagine a player that couldn't play weekends - he'd lose 2 and a half days every week. Also, whoever made the last move of the day would have the advantage - eg. my opponent lives 1 time zone later than I do. If we both go to bed at 11pm then he can always make the last move of the night, gaining 8 hours every day.

Not great examples, but think they illustrate why the "total time" time limit system can't work.

Jon
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    22 Apr '03 16:13
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    Interesting idea - I pondered it for the tournies, so that each round could be set to start on a specific date. Unfortuantly there are problems which mean it'd never work. Imagine a player that couldn't play weekends - he'd lose 2 and a half days every week. Also, whoever made the last move of the day would have the advantage - eg. my opponent lives ...[text shortened]... mples, but think they illustrate why the "total time" time limit system can't work.

Jon
    yes, very good answer!

but a little "but" rests:
    T/O are made to let people move not too slow. in a normal game with normal opponents there should never be a T/O. so give the guy with no internet on weekend enough time and it will be fair.
    for the timezone argument I can't fiand anything :'(

but after all you're right... 😀
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree