Next page

Standard memberraoul
Help 17 Feb '03 18:40
  1. Joined
    17 Jan '03
    Moves
    17 Feb '03 18:401 edit
    Some web pages are missing a Next page feature !

For instance Player tables - I only get the first 20 rated players + myself & the players rated immediately above and below me.

Or Find Player - From 1500 to 1600 - 20 results and no more even though there are 100's (most probably). Not 100s but 12s definetely.
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    17 Feb '03 19:18
    ... yes and I found the following line:

xenaphobe 1200 120 120 0 0

he has a 1200 rating with 120 games played and all won? I guess this is a mistake!
    There should be also a table not just for the rating, but for the most games won, a table with the smalest number of lost games, ... 😛

(I know the future leading guy in the category "most games lost"... 😉)
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Feb '03 20:11
    RE: The next missing next buttons.

Yeah - thanks for bringing this up. This is a 'hang-over' from our early days which is yet to be rectified.

One day soon...

-Russ
  4. Donationmaggoteer
    The MAKIA
    a bit closer please
    Moves
    17 Feb '03 21:49
    Originally posted by thire
    [b]... yes and I found the following line:

xenaphobe 1200 120 120 0 0
    he has a 1200 rating with 120 games played and all won? I guess this is a mistake!
    b]
    if you look at xenaphobe's (NOT xenophobe's!) games you will notice many, if not all, were Fool's Mates wins against a cascade of other nicknames that had the interesting pattern of consistently loosing to each other in a manner that progressively funneled points to xenaphobe.
    There were a number of instances of this sort of rating manipulation in the past, by several different nicknames/groups. When these abuses are discovered, The Great, Wise, and Benevolent Powers Who Lead Us tend to reset said ratings back to 1200.
  5. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    17 Feb '03 22:02
    Originally posted by maggoteer
    if you look at xenaphobe's (NOT xenophobe's!) games you will notice many, if not all, were Fool's Mates wins against a cascade of other nicknames that had the interesting pattern of consistently loosing to each other in a manner that progressively funneled points to xenaphobe.
    There were a number of instances of this sort of rating manipulation in the ...[text shortened]... d, The Great, Wise, and Benevolent Powers Who Lead Us tend to reset said ratings back to 1200.
    okay, thanks! I see... 😵
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Feb '03 12:351 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree