1. Joined
    08 Sep '12
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 03:47
    Can a long term player , not a member send messages to opponent? If so how?
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 04:51
    In game, when it is your turn, use "message opponent". To send a pm to someone, click their screen name and use "message". I thought there was some limit to the number of messages a non-sub can send?? Oh, greetings from New Braunfels! 🙂
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 13:09
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    I thought there was some limit to the number of messages a non-sub can send??
    I don't think there is any difference based on a members subscription status.

I am aware that over the years various members have discussed imposing message limits for non-subs but as far as I know that has never been implemented and all members have the same messaging options within the public forums and in sending private messages to other members.

Private forums exist for some groups and use of those forums is restricted to members of that group.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 23:08
    My recollection may be faulty, but I thought a limit of 6 or 12 in any 24-hour period was put in place for nonsubs to discourage spammers from signing up and sending out mass rubbish. I've regularly seen forum posts referring to the inconvenience of this limit when someone is under a forum ban! Perhaps it's one of those urban myths ...
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 00:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 00:07
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    My recollection may be faulty, but I thought a limit of 6 or 12 in any 24-hour period was put in place for nonsubs to discourage spammers from signing up and sending out mass rubbish. I've regularly seen forum posts referring to the inconvenience of this limit when someone is under a forum ban! Perhaps it's one of those urban myths ...
    There's actually still a limit of 10 messages per day, 'for reasons of spam'...

Here are a couple of previous threads, the initial limit was set back in '05...the complaints are still 'pursued' by non subs in the 2010 thread...
    I note that there are individual comments present from both yourself and 'mwmiller', your own is contained within the latter.
    Sorry I couldn't link the initial thread directly.

http://newserver.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?
    subject=New_message_sending_restrictions&threadid=20909

Thread 126556
  7. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 00:49
    The Moose, mw, Kewpie, and Rev will be starting the "RHP Historians Club" where we will drink fine wine, debate obscure points of RHP history, and help newbies get up to speed in the Help Forum. We will start with the drinking wine part and move on to the rest as we have time and sobriety. 😛
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 02:431 edit
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    The Moose, mw, Kewpie, and Rev will be starting the "RHP Historians Club" where we will drink fine wine, debate obscure points of RHP history, and help newbies get up to speed in the Help Forum. We will start with the drinking wine part and move on to the rest as we have time and sobriety. 😛
    I have a suggestion. 3 of us are already in a very exclusive club, perhaps mwmiller would like to join us there. Club 66

Here's my attempt to link to Thread 20909 and there seems to be no problem. What were you doing wrong - did you start too early with the wine?
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 02:58
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    There's actually still a limit of 10 messages per day, 'for reasons of spam'...

Here are a couple of previous threads, the initial limit was set back in '05...the complaints are still 'pursued' by non subs in the 2010 thread...
    I note that there are individual comments present from both yourself and 'mwmiller', your own is contained within the latter ...[text shortened]...
    subject=New_message_sending_restrictions&threadid=20909

Thread 126556
    Good find! I guess my memory is starting to slip a little.
    I stand corrected. 😳
  10. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 20:30
    Originally posted by Kewpie

Here's my attempt to link to Thread 20909 and there seems to be no problem. What were you doing wrong - did you start too early with the wine?
    I did look but for original RHP thread but for some reason google didn't play ball. I could only find the 'newserver archive' for that thread...
    STILL outside links can only be shown in private forum, I really don;t know why we can't be trusted to post off site 'stuff' here as surely a robot could take care of anything 'iffy'...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree