1. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 17:56
    Apparently the game limit for non subscription is 6 games. However, I am only playing 5 games and whenever I try to start another one it says I have reached the 6 game limit. Is this a bug, or simply a typo in programming? (ie: programmers meant to spell 5 instead of 6 as a prompt)
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 20:301 edit
    Originally posted by mateulose
    Apparently the game limit for non subscription is 6 games. However, I am only playing 5 games and whenever I try to start another one it says I have reached the 6 game limit. Is this a bug, or simply a typo in programming? (ie: programmers meant to spell 5 instead of 6 as a prompt)
    Had a quick squizz and ur stats say 'six' games as does your public games 'in progress'

skeeter
  3. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 20:37
    I am playing six games now, however this morning I had 5 games and tried a 6th, and it didn't budge. I'll just consider it a glitch for now. . .
  4. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 21:03
    I am playing six games now, however this morning I had 5 games and tried a 6th, and it didn't budge. I'll just consider it a glitch for now. . .
    Yes, come to think of it I think there's a small hang between you finishing a game and the site allowing you to start another. Couple of hours I think.
    Russ knows about it.

skeeter
  5. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 21:49
    thats why you should subscribe
  6. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 22:47
    Originally posted by tlai1992
    thats why you should subscribe
    Do you need a credit card for it? I'm kind of a sick phycho in a group home with no money, and don't have much of anything. In fact, I have never bought anything online, ever.
  7. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 22:52
    Do you need a credit card for it? I'm kind of a sick phycho in a group home with no money, and don't have much of anything. In fact, I have never bought anything online, ever.
    send feedback saying you dont have a credit card
  8. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    30 Aug '04 13:01
    You can message Russ ... He has various non-usual ways of making life easy ...

If you really like RHP, you should consider joining as you can then (a) play all the game you like, (b) join or create clans, (c) play tournaments and (d) you'd really help Russ keeping this site alive ;-)

Regards
    Boris
  9. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    30 Aug '04 22:35
    Are you sure you didn't have an invite in open invites? The site won't let you set up more games once you've 'started' 6. I know it's obvious but it's all i could think of 😉
  10. London
    Moves
    31 Aug '04 20:52
    There are a number of things on this site that are done in 'batch mode'. That is, instead of being done as soon as they are possible, they wait until a housekeeping task is run, pehaps daily, perhaps more often. One example of this is the 'auto timeout' in tournaments.

It looks as if the ability to start new games (and probably the count of games in progress on our profile page) is managed by such a batch job. I'm not really sure why, because your rating gets updated as soon as a game ends, and subtracting one from 'games in progress' should be able to be done at the same time. Still, a lot of my guesses about how this site works have been wrong and this may be one of those cases.
  11. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    01 Sep '04 11:51
    this problem is very old and with what Roland said I understand this better now.
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree