1. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '04 01:36
    When I set this game back to the very start, it looks like some activity has already taken place. Are players allowed to start a game in something other than the traditional configuration of pieces and pawns? Or is it some sort of bug?

Game 547781
  2. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '04 01:39
    Actually, maybe I can answer my own question. The same page that has that game says "Kremnitz-Kadoodlehopper Gambit Tournament" (or some such name), so maybe everybody starts their games in that configuration so as not to have to play the first few standardized moves of that particular opening.
  3. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '04 01:56
    In fact it looks like Phlababit already took care of ths in another thread:
    The game will be unrated.. ok?

Make a new game, and click Advanced Options

Click the Play from set piece check Box.

A board with many options now pops up. Pick what you want and set the pieces where you want them.

Should be enough help for you to figure it out.

Good Luck!

P-

So maybe this thread of mine should be dynamited out of existence.
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jun '04 08:501 edit
    Actually the game you refer to is part of a Thematic Tournament where each game starts in this position. Therefor it will not be a non-rated game as it's part of a Tournament.

It is true however that all other set-piece games are unrated, for obvious reasons.
  5. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '04 17:24
    So one could even start a game with a handicap, such as a missing knight or what have you? But it would not be rated, from what you say.
  6. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jun '04 21:36
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    So one could even start a game with a handicap, such as a missing knight or what have you? But it would not be rated, from what you say.
    If it's a "set-piece" game then it will not be rated. If it's a thematic tournament then it will be rated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree