notebook

Standard membergenius
Help 22 Jul '04 21:06
  1. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    22 Jul '04 21:06
    this mgiht have popped up before-but where's the option to save your notebook without making a move gone?!?
  2. London
    Moves
    22 Jul '04 21:361 edit
    Originally posted by genius
    this might have popped up before-but where's the option to save your notebook without making a move gone?!?
    I don't think we ever had that option. Originally, you could only save a notebook entry at the same time as you submitted a move. Russ then added the option to save notes after you moved, while it was your opponent's turn.

Allowing the option to record notes when you could be moving might be considered a bit too much of a help to slow movers. Speaking for myself, the occasions when it has been my turn and I might have wanted to save notes have usually been occasions when, to be fair to my opponent, I should be getting on with my move.
  3. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 09:051 edit
    Originally posted by RolandYoung
    Russ then added the option to save notes after you moved, while it was your opponent's turn.
    that's what i meant 😛

and as for "slow movers"-did you or did you not agree to the time limit? 😉 i'm here for slow chess!
  4. London
    Moves
    23 Jul '04 22:56
    Originally posted by genius
    that's what i meant 😛
    In that case, it hasn't gone away. I just added notes to two of my games where it was my opponent's move.

I take your point about slow moves, but I still reckon that if you have time to analyse your move to the point of making notes, you probably have time to go ahead and move.

I regard the timeout as a maximum time to move, not an expected time. If I didn't, I probably ought to quit the clans that keep signing me up to 7-day timeout games. Besides, two of the tournaments I'm playing in were started before the timebank was introduced, so they're on 7+0 and it would be really tedious if we actually took a week per move.
  5. Finland
    Moves
    26 Jul '04 15:53
    Originally posted by RolandYoung
    but I still reckon that if you have time to analyse your move to the point of making notes, you probably have time to go ahead and move.
    "To the point of making notes" does not necessarily imply so heavy analysis. I tend to make notes exactly when I don't have time to analyze further, like "1. Rb6 seems interesting but 1. -e3", I have time to write that down but not time to find out whether Rb6 works even if the opponent answers with e3

P.S. I must admit I have never used the RHP note feature, just a test editor or pen and paper, but this shouldn't make any difference..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree