1. Joined
    01 Jun '09
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 08:50
    My opponent had "offered me a draw". If I continue normally then there is no effect. But I have the possibility to click to "accept the draw", then I have to "click here". What does it mean? How can I "accept a draw"- don´t I have to accept all draws of my opponent? Is it irreversible if I click the option "click here"?
  2. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 09:16
    If you accept the draw, the game ends immediately. The choice you make doesn't affect any other games.
  3. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 12:28
    Originally posted by AhOldboy
    My opponent had "offered me a draw".
    You do not have to accept an offer of a draw. If you want to carry on playing, just do so, especially if you think you have a chance to win. However in these circumstances I use 'Message your opponent' to say that I want to play on for a few moves at least.
  4. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 22:05
    it is also worth noting that a draw against an opponent with a similar rating will result in either a small or no rating change.

drawing opponents who have a smaller rating will result in a loss of points

similarly drawing opponents who have a larger rating will result in a gain of rating points.
  5. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Moves
    18 Jun '09 23:00
    Originally posted by AhOldboy
    My opponent had "offered me a draw". If I continue normally then there is no effect. But I have the possibility to click to "accept the draw", then I have to "click here". What does it mean? How can I "accept a draw"- don´t I have to accept all draws of my opponent? Is it irreversible if I click the option "click here"?
    A draw is when you agree that there is little or no possibility of either of you checkmating the other, so you end the game peacefully. If you're in a tournament, each of you receives 1/2 point. A draw has little to no effect on your rating, unless you are playing against an opponent who is much higher or lower rated. You should not accept a draw if you think that there is a possibility of you winning the game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree