On Holiday

Standard membermeh9
Help 05 Mar '03 10:41
  1. Joined
    28 Feb '03
    Moves
    05 Mar '03 10:41
    How do I change my status to on holiday?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 Mar '03 10:52
    Click 'my home', then at the bottom of the menu click 'vacation', then click the box and click 'update'.

3. Joined
    28 Feb '03
    Moves
    05 Mar '03 11:35
    Thanks for your helpπŸ™‚
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 Mar '03 11:40
    Originally posted by meh9
    Thanks for your helpπŸ™‚
    One other point. Using this feature does not prevent someone from claiming a time-out victory. It only adds an icon by your username as a means to let others know you are on holiday/vacation.

At least that is my understanding of it.

regards, Marc
  5. Joined
    20 Sep '01
    Moves
    06 Mar '03 05:06
    Might I suggest that when you enable the "on vacation" symbol that there is the (obligitory) field to indicate your return date.
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    06 Mar '03 12:17
    Originally posted by MartinS
    Might I suggest that when you enable the "on vacation" symbol that there is the (obligitory) field to indicate your return date.
    Why not limit the vacation to 3 weeks a year? and when you're on vacation you can't be timed out?
    good idea? bad idea?
  7. Steelers Country
    Moves
    06 Mar '03 12:27
    I would say more like 6 weeks a year, 3 weeks isnt that much cause someone can only take 3 one week vacations or one 3 week vac,
    or maby I'm just saying that cause this summer I'm going to camp for 3 weeks and probly to florida for a week
  8. Standard membergodzillion
    (dandan)
    State College, PA
    Moves
    07 Mar '03 03:001 edit
    Originally posted by thire
    Why not limit the vacation to 3 weeks a year?
    Three weeks paid vacation, and time off in lieu of pay for 150 % of active overtime hours. Note that paid sick days may only be granted with a note from a licensed physician, and unused vacation time does NOT roll over into the following year. πŸ™‚
  9. Joined
    14 Aug '01
    Moves
    07 Mar '03 14:04
    Why not limit the vacation to 3 weeks a year? and when you're on vacation you can't be timed out?
    good idea? bad idea?
    I really like this idea.Russ,Chris?
  10. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    07 Mar '03 15:23
    good idea? bad idea?
    I don't think Russ and Chris have a Human Resource Department to track the number of days you've been on vacation. Plus, do you have to get your vacation 'approved' in order to take it? πŸ˜‰

Seriously though, there shouldn't be any 'limits' placed on how long you can be on vacation and there shouldn't be a prohibition on taking a T/O vs. someone on vacation. It complicates things too much and may allow abuses of the system. i.e. People have been claiming about someone in a totally lost position dragging the game out. If the game has a T/O setting of 7 days that's one thing but what if they decide to set their status to vacation? Then you would have to wait 3 weeks before closing the game because even though they went past 7 days, you are prohibited in taking a T/O.

I think what they have is the best solution. If someone takes a T/O against you don't play them again. You also can send them an e-mail with the wonderful new e-mail system to let them know when you are to return.

Just my humble opinion on the matter. πŸ™‚

Russ and Chris... keep up the great work!!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Bryan
  11. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    07 Mar '03 17:34
    Originally posted by ChessNut
    I don't think Russ and Chris have a Human Resource Department to track the number of days you've been on vacation. Plus, do you have to get your vacation 'approved' in order to take it? πŸ˜‰

Seriously though, there shouldn't be any 'limits' placed on how long you can be on vacation and there shouldn't be a prohibition on taking a T/O vs. someone ...[text shortened]... humble opinion on the matter. πŸ™‚

Russ and Chris... keep up the great work!!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Bryan
    just my little opinion:
    I like it πŸ˜‰

I don't think that this would be too much work or too difficult (ther is nothing too dificult for Russ 😡 ).
    And vacation status could also be called "out of timeout-status". That's it what is is.

And I'd play again someone who timed me out again: He had the right to do so and he used it. There is nothinmg wrong with that. It's the rules... If I don't want to be timed out, there are three ways to avoid this:
    a) don't play correspondence chess
    b) just take games with high enough timeouts
    c) move fast
    If I'm timed out I broke all these three rules 😳

okay, now about the CON's:
    the site should stay simple. and all this adding-super-new-easy feature makes it more complicated and turns away from the big succes: CHESS. And timeoutvacationperiods have nothing to do with chess.

It would be nice to impove the existing feature "timeoutvacation" but I think this is not very important.
    So far my opinion...
    th
  12. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    07 Mar '03 18:02
    And I'd play again someone who timed me out again: He had the right to do so and he used it. There is nothinmg wrong with that. It's the rules...
    Maybe there is confusion about what I was saying. I'm saying that it is not right for someone to take a T/O when you have your status on 'vacation' and if they don't have the common courtesy to respect that, then you can excercise your right to not play them again.

T/O in normal play is fine by me. I do it as well. I just respect the player that is nice enough to tell me he is on 'vacation' and I'll let the game go as long as it takes before they move again.

I DON'T think that by setting your status to 'vacation' should make you immune to a T/O. This would allow people to drag out games by setting their status to 'vacation'. I disagree completely with this type of function.

I hope this will clarify what I was trying to state. πŸ™„

Bryan
  13. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    07 Mar '03 19:14
    I hope this will clarify what I was trying to state. πŸ™„
    Bryan
    okay, Bryan...
    I think you were always clear enught, but I read faster then I understand and this is a big big mistake! πŸ™

you are absolutly right, but I think when Russ limits the "vactactions" to 4 weeks a year, people can drag out your victory (or T/O) - but just for 4 weeks!
  14. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    07 Mar '03 19:32
    but I think when Russ limits the "vactactions" to 4 weeks a year, people can drag out your victory (or T/O) - but just for 4 weeks!
    I guess we don't agree then because if you agree with me then there is no reason for a 'limit' on the vacation as you would not be immune to a T/O.

If someone wanted to try to 'drag' out a game for the sole reason of making you mad, and you knew they were still around, you would have the option to take the T/O and walk away even if they 'say' their on vacation.

Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying? πŸ˜•
  15. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    07 Mar '03 19:44
    Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying? πŸ˜•
    perhaps it is not as easy as I thought... πŸ™„

What do you think of prohibiting moving for people "on vacation".
    or perhaps it's too complicated then... πŸ˜•
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree