1. Joined
    02 Jan '09
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 21:03
    I recently started a games and was shocked when I received my opponent's "impossible" move -- a capture of my e pawn. I say "impossible" because I had moved my e pawn to e6 and my opponents knight was on f3. When I checked the log, however, it said I had moved my pawn to e5. How frustrating -- a "finger" mistake completely changing the game. I notified my opponent about my misplay and he is gracious enough to be willing to start the game over (we have only played 4.5 moves). The only problem is that I see no way to do this. Does archiving the game put it is "suspended animation?? What if we agree to a draw -- would that pull our averages down. We both have provisional ratings of about 1550. Can anyone help me??
  2. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 21:16
    Is this your game against "fishie"? Since he's not a subscriber, he is limited to six games in progress. So he won't be keen on leaving this game unfinished.

I suggest you agree a draw. I don't think it will make a big change in your ratings, and they will soon adjust themselves to reflect your true strength as you play more games.
  3. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 21:40
    you should draw it indeed.
    heres how your rating will be calculated:
    FAQ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree