1. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 12:27
    I want to get on and increase my ratining. For some time now, I`ve played anybody who challenged me or accepted my challenge - irrespective of their rating.
    Now, when I put down for a game, I ask for above 1600 only. Nobody takes any notice atall. I get people who are 400 points below and provisionally rated challenging me. Even though my profile states a minimum limit and I put a minimum limit on the challenge.
    How am I supposed to improve?
  2. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 12:31
    Originally posted by AnneChristina
    I want to get on and increase my ratining. For some time now, I`ve played anybody who challenged me or accepted my challenge - irrespective of their rating.
    Now, when I put down for a game, I ask for above 1600 only. Nobody takes any notice atall. I get people who are 400 points below and provisionally rated challenging me. Even though my profile states a minimum limit and I put a minimum limit on the challenge.
    Why not go to the player tables see who is near your relative position and challenge them? Instead of waiting for people to come to you?
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 12:431 edit
    Have you tried using the 'advaned options' settings when you create an open invite game?

The link for it is at the bottom of the page where you set up your 'open invite' game, and this allows you to set rating limits that you want. If someone does not fall within your parameters, they do not have the ability to accept the game.

Using the 'game name' field to specify rating limits does express what you're looking for but does not actually block anyone from taking up your game. Using advanced options settings does block them.
  4. Joined
    14 Sep '04
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 12:44
    When setting up a new challenge click the advanced options and set a minimum rating
  5. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 12:53
    Apologies to every one. I hadn`t noticed the advanced options tab.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree