1. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '04 23:30
    How could my opponent's rating be 565? Anybody have any ideas on this one. I don't think I've ever played anybody with a 565 rating.
  2. Standard memberArther
    The Turtle Hermit
    Turtle Island
    Moves
    15 Aug '04 23:54
    Easy. Just look at his profile.
    Won: 161
    Lost: 614
    Drawn: 1

Losing on timeout like he did to you helps loads, too.
    It looks like, in the last 300 games, he's won maybe 4 times.šŸ˜²
  3. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    16 Aug '04 00:07
    Thanks Arther,
    But I thought the term "opponent's rating" on the chart by my profile was a sort of average of all my opponents. Am I wrong on this?
  4. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    16 Aug '04 00:51
    No, it's your opponent's rating in one particular game.

Your rating graph is made up of vertical lines. Each line represents one game, and the height of the line represents your rating when that game finished. If you click on the on a line in your graph, it'll take you to the game that that line represents.

Pretty neat, actually.
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    16 Aug '04 01:03
    Wrong :the height of the line represent your rating at the beginning in that game and the successive line height is the rating obtained by the result of the previous game and so on...............
  6. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    16 Aug '04 05:14
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Wrong :the height of the line represent your rating at the beginning in that game and the successive line height is the rating obtained by the result of the previous game and so on...............
    Are you sure about that, Ravello? The line doesn't appear until the game ends, correct? If its height represented your rating at the beginning of that game, then your graph would go down after you won a game, if your overall rating had gone up since that game's beginning. That can't be right.

I think the line height actually represents your rating after calculating the result of the game that finished just before the game in question finished-- that is, your rating immediately prior to the end of the game in question. No?
  7. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    16 Aug '04 08:40
    Originally posted by jgvaccaro
    I think the line height actually represents your rating after calculating the result of the game that finished just before the game in question finished-- that is, your rating immediately prior to the end of the game in question. No?
    That is correct
  8. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    16 Aug '04 12:15
    Thanks for your info, guys. It clears everything up.
  9. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    16 Aug '04 13:23
    Originally posted by jgvaccaro
    Are you sure about that, Ravello? The line doesn't appear until the game ends, correct? If its height represented your rating at the beginning of that game, then your graph would go down after you won a game, if your overall rating had gone up since that game's beginning. That can't be right.

I think the line height actually represents your ratin ...[text shortened]... stion finished-- that is, your rating immediately prior to the end of the game in question. No?
    you're right,I'd better don't post at late night..........

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree