Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member pawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    20 Aug '18 10:14
    Good day, is there a setting to change the page into which my login opens.
    I have checked the FAQ list, but find nothing similar.
    Presently I get the Forums page everytime, and I wish to open into the My Games page, or similar.
    Not serious, just a Nice to Have.
    Thanks.
  2. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    20 Aug '18 11:47
    Originally posted by @pawnpaw
    Good day, is there a setting to change the page into which my login opens.
    I have checked the FAQ list, but find nothing similar.
    Presently I get the Forums page everytime, and I wish to open into the My Games page, or similar.
    Not serious, just a Nice to Have.
    Thanks.
    I play on several devices, use multiple logins and never log out. I've bookmarked the MyGames page and that bookmark always gives me the page I want.
  3. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    20 Aug '18 13:13
    Originally posted by @pawnpaw
    Good day, is there a setting to change the page into which my login opens.
    I have checked the FAQ list, but find nothing similar.
    Presently I get the Forums page everytime, and I wish to open into the My Games page, or similar.
    Not serious, just a Nice to Have.
    Thanks.
    I think it must be some tick box on your device which you have set.
    I've never known any page to open on login except my home page
  4. Standard member pawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    21 Aug '18 10:00
    Originally posted by @venda
    I think it must be some tick box on your device which you have set.
    I've never known any page to open on login except my home page
    What I've done now is go to my My Games page, then bookmark it at the options at the top of that page, and it makes no difference.
    Next tip?
  5. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    21 Aug '18 13:01
    Originally posted by @pawnpaw
    What I've done now is go to my My Games page, then bookmark it at the options at the top of that page, and it makes no difference.
    Next tip?
    Try opening redhotpawn in a different browser.
    It should open at your home page
  6. Standard member pawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    23 Aug '18 12:42
    Originally posted by @venda
    Try opening redhotpawn in a different browser.
    It should open at your home page
    I normally open with Mozilla Firefox, so I've now used Chrome.
    It opens correctly now, ie my home page.
    But I prefer using Firefox, and would like to know why is there a difference.
    I repeat, its a nice to have option I'm looking for here.
    Any other ideas someone?
  7. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    23 Aug '18 13:20
    Two Firefox possibilities. Something in your cache. Or an add-on or script which conflicts with code in the latest update of RHP software.
  8. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    24 Aug '18 12:29
    Originally posted by @pawnpaw
    I normally open with Mozilla Firefox, so I've now used Chrome.
    It opens correctly now, ie my home page.
    But I prefer using Firefox, and would like to know why is there a difference.
    I repeat, its a nice to have option I'm looking for here.
    Any other ideas someone?
    Perhaps in firefox,you have a box ticked which says something like "always open at last page"On the firefox homepage go to tools(or it might be settings) and see what it says in there
  9. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    24 Aug '18 17:18
    Originally posted by @pawnpaw
    Good day, is there a setting to change the page into which my login opens.
    I have checked the FAQ list, but find nothing similar.
    Presently I get the Forums page everytime, and I wish to open into the My Games page, or similar.
    Not serious, just a Nice to Have.
    Thanks.
    What device are you using?

    I use Firefox on a pc laptop, and whenever I connect to the RHP page, I always see my home page first.
    (The only exception is if I have previously logged out. Then I start on the log-in page first, and from there I still go to my home page.)

    In order to duplicate your situation I have tried to find any setting on RHP or on firefox that will allow me to change what page
    I first go to when I go to the RHP site, and I have not been able to do that.
    It always goes to my home page first.
  10. Standard member pawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    10 Sep '18 14:56
    Originally posted by @mwmiller
    What device are you using?

    I use Firefox on a pc laptop, and whenever I connect to the RHP page, I always see my home page first.
    (The only exception is if I have previously logged out. Then I start on the log-in page first, and from there I still go to my home page.)

    In order to duplicate your situation I have tried to find any setting on RHP or ...[text shortened]... o to the RHP site, and I have not been able to do that.
    It always goes to my home page first.
    I am using a pc laptop.
    I've been trying to see what differences there are on my settings between firefox and chrome,
    but no luck.
    Thanks anyway for the help.