1. Joined
    02 Jun '04
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 09:391 edit
    I wanted to find someone to challenge and went to the Find Player page. However, it seems it only allows you to look for people from your own country. Why not allow looking for players from countries other than your own? Is there some kind of International Cross-Border Chess Ban Treaty that I'm not aware of?

I like the option to look for those with a picture, but what's an American girl to do if she's looking for a game with a tall, handsome European? 🙁

~asianrose~
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 09:51
    At the top of the search page thare are some catagories you can check to limit yur search. One of them is 'from my country'. Is yours' checked? If so, click it to remove the check and try again.

Does that help?
    Marc
  3. Joined
    02 Jun '04
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 10:00
    Thanks very much for your quick reply. What I meant, though, is that I know I can chose or not chose to look for someone from my own country. But what if I'm really in the mood to play someone from Mozambique or want to practice my Urdu with a Pakistani player? There's no option to find a list of players from a specific country. Other chess sites have that option, so I thought it would be nice to have it here as well.

4. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 11:35
    Problem is that everybody will just wanna play the dutchies .... 😉
  5. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 11:43
    Pass the dutchy.

😛
  6. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 11:51
    😀
  7. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 21:001 edit
    Originally posted by AsianRose
    I wanted to find someone to challenge and went to the Find Player page. However, it seems it only allows you to look for people from your own country. Why not allow looking for players from countries other than your own? Is there some ...[text shortened]... king for a game with a tall, handsome European? 🙁

~asianrose~
    What you can do for know is use the Player Tables to select the player of the country of you needs. You can do this:

* In Highest Rating, go to the bottum and click on the text "View my relative position". This way you can see players with approximately the same rating. Look at the flags to select the player of a country of your choice.
    * Or, do the same but than with MAP of the month. This way you see players with the same move frequency.
    * Or, use Recent Movers and look in the list to select players that are currently online.

I hope this helps you for now?!

PS remember that not all players have the flag up where they are living at the moment. So just feel more associated or like that country very much.
  8. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 21:28
    or just post a message in the Meet Opponents section of the forum!
  9. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    08 Aug '04 18:16
    Or go to the Dutch Clan and pick an opponent 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree