1. Over seas
    Moves
    07 Nov '03 19:40
    I think that I saw a post about this earlier: however, why is it that when I turn to this page some deal for messenger pops up.
    Is it just me or what?

Mike
  2. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    07 Nov '03 22:37
    Originally posted by rapalla7
    I think that I saw a post about this earlier: however, why is it that when I turn to this page some deal for messenger pops up.
    Is it just me or what?

Mike
    It`s not just you my friend. it look like our $15 for no pop ups didn`t include microsoft.
  3. Standard memberelehto
    Newbie The Great
    USA! USA! USA!!!
    Moves
    08 Nov '03 02:53
    Originally posted by Paulie
    It`s not just you my friend. it look like our $15 for no pop ups didn`t include microsoft.
    [b]Everybody should use Opera. I get no popups, and I didn'y pay anything. 😛
  4. Over seas
    Moves
    08 Nov '03 03:14
    It's making me a bit crabby, I've spent alot of time hunting down that rotton hidden file for that messenger. I thought that I had gotten rid of it for good😞 I think that some ones clan inadvertantly is searching and initializing the response????? I never get that anywhere else but that page. 😛
  5. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    08 Nov '03 20:042 edits
    Mike,

I think you are talking about the Microsoft Messenger Service.
    This is a piece of client software on your Windows system which is enabled by default and is commonly used on the internet to anoy people with ads. The site you are currently surfing on when a message pops up is not necessarily responsible for that.
    To deactivate the service:
    - go to START > Run ...
    - type in: services.msc /s
    - double click on the Service 'Microsoft Messenger Service' which is responsible for 'NET SEND pop-ups'.
    - click on stop to stop the service
    - change the startup option from 'Automatic' to 'Manual' or 'Disable' to make sure the service does not re-start itself during the next reboot.

Hope that helps.

Gotti
  6. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    09 Nov '03 04:14
    I have no problem with page 7 🙂
  7. Standard memberelehto
    Newbie The Great
    USA! USA! USA!!!
    Moves
    09 Nov '03 14:101 edit
    Originally posted by elehto
    [b]Everybody should use Opera. I get no popups, and I didn'y pay anything. 😛
    [b]In Opera you can just check "Refuse pop-ups". I think NetScape has a similar feature in the newer versions too.
  8. Over seas
    Moves
    09 Nov '03 17:18
    Originally posted by gotti2000
    Mike,

I think you are talking about the Microsoft Messenger Service.
    This is a piece of client software on your Windows system which is enabled by default and is commonly used on the internet to anoy people with ads. The site you are currently surfing on when a message pops up is not necessarily responsible for that.
    To deactivate the service:
    - go t ...[text shortened]... e sure the service does not re-start itself during the next reboot.

Hope that helps.

Gotti
    I will try that. thanks. I e-mailed microsoft about some of their crummy Nazi features, and I am still standing by the mail box for a response. It's almost enough to make me buy a mac or switch to lynix.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Nov '03 20:43
    Originally posted by rapalla7
    I will try that. thanks. I e-mailed microsoft about some of their crummy Nazi features, and I am still standing by the mail box for a response. It's almost enough to make me buy a mac or switch to lynix.
    I posted about this elsewhere on a forum - but just briefly again, the problem is someone has chosen to host their clan logo on a private msn user 'group' thing which has file sharing. The offending image in not even rendered, as we don't access to it.

Why it is making people's MSM go crazy, I have no idea - I am not affected, and I use MSM.

-Russ
  10. Over seas
    Moves
    09 Nov '03 22:11
    Originally posted by Russ
    I posted about this elsewhere on a forum - but just briefly again, the problem is someone has chosen to host their clan logo on a private msn user 'group' thing which has file sharing. The offending image in not even rendered, as we don't access to it.

Why it is making people's MSM go crazy, I have no idea - I am not affected, and I use MSM.

-Russ
    gotti's fix worked for me. yay! I looked for the other post but could not find it. oh well

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree