1. Joined
    14 Jun '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 13:59
    Since the players are in different time zones I suggest that in the 'My Games' list, after the Player name, besides the 'Subscriber' sign, it should show his country flag .

I'm playing with an opponent with a 6 hours difference time zone, and I never know if his sleeping or just studying the move.
  2. Home
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 15:00
    add or subtract 6 from you time, which ever it is and take your best guess.
  3. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 17:45
    Originally posted by gsantos
    Since the players are in different time zones I suggest that in the 'My Games' list, after the Player name, besides the 'Subscriber' sign, it should show his country flag .

I'm playing with an opponent with a 6 hours difference time zone, and I never know if his sleeping or just studying the move.
    That is an intriguing idea, but shouldn't you have posted in the "Site Ideas" forum instead?
  4. The sky
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 22:33
    Originally posted by gsantos

I don't think that would help very much, for several reasons:
    1. Not all players display the flag of the country they live in.
    2. Some countries have several time zones (okay, it would still work for those which only have one, and give some idea for the rest).
    3. The time zone doesn't say much about when a player is likely to play. Some play at work, but not at home. Some play at home, but not at work. Some do shift work and will sometimes move in the middle of the night, sometimes during daytime. Etc.

Oh, and some people might study the move while sleeping, while others might be awake, but do something else than studying moves (gasp...). 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree