1. Standard memberBlyth
    mister
    George. R.S.A.
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 19:443 edits
    I have a friend, XX,(XXXX@XXXX.co.za) who lives in the Cape in South Africa. He is keen to learn chess and we have played a few games on the internet but now, when he wants to move, the system tells him to register. He did so long ago and, when he tries to register again, it is only to be told that he cannot because someone of the same name is already registered! Can you throw any light on this please?

Admin edit: Removed name and email address.
  2. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 20:162 edits
    sounds like he maybe does not need to register but simply needs to log in using the email address and password he previously chose

if his "cookies" have been deleted then he will no longer be automatically logged in to the site when he visits.

ask him if he sees his username and the words "x games waiting : log out" at the top right of the page or if there are two text fields to type into. if there are two fields then he should enter his email address and password
  3. Joined
    01 May '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 22:12
    I am playing a game and my opponent has been on Vacation for over six weeks...how do I claim the game ??
  4. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 22:461 edit
    Originally posted by jonnyoh100
    I am playing a game and my opponent has been on Vacation for over six weeks...how do I claim the game ??
    you can claim the win when the skull appears

NOTE: the skull will not appear until they remove thier vacation flag
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 23:232 edits
    Originally posted by Blyth
    ....he cannot because someone of the same name is already registered! Can you throw any light on this please?
    Is he still logged in on another computer?
    Also he could see if checking the box for "multiple browsers" is checked.

By default, logging in will log you out from any other browser you may use. By enabling this option you may use multiple browsers on one or more machines and remain logged in to all of them. This option should not be used by anyone who uses publicly accessible computers.

In My Settings -->>My Site Settings.
  6. Standard memberBlyth
    mister
    George. R.S.A.
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 04:10
    Thanks. He has it going again.
  7. Standard memberBlyth
    mister
    George. R.S.A.
    Moves
    22 Apr '07 19:01
    Thanks. It worked! Blyth

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree