1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 10:32
    whas the difference between asking for a draw and claiming one?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 10:38
    Originally posted by GabrielHandsome
    whas the difference between asking for a draw and claiming one?
    You can claim a draw after a 3 position repetition or lack of mating material and such and if you're right a draw it is.
    You can ask for a draw if you think the position is a draw but the opponent have to agree upon it.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 10:40
    ut what if yiur wrong, do u get in trouble?
  4. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 11:32
    A code monkey will jump out of the screen and spank you.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 11:59
    No, the worst thing that could happen is, perhaps, that you lose face a little, I suppose.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 12:32
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You can claim a draw after a 3 position repetition or lack of mating material and such and if you're right a draw it is.
    You can ask for a draw if you think the position is a draw but the opponent have to agree upon it.
    or lack of mating material At present you can only claim a draw with two kings left. Russ has told me they will be updating the site soon to be able to claim draws in all cases of lack of mating material. You can also claim a draw after 50 full moves (100 half moves) if no forward progress has been made in the game. Which means no piece has been taken and no pawn has moved forward in that 50 full moves.
    Also you really don't lose face if you try and claim a draw and you are wrong. No one knows when you try to claim a draw, unless it is a draw of course. 😉
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 23:03
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    No, the worst thing that could happen is, perhaps, that you lose face a little, I suppose.
    Would you? I thought the interface would just tell you that you couldn't claim a draw. No one except yourself would know that you'd tried.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 05:291 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Would you? I thought the interface would just tell you that you couldn't claim a draw. No one except yourself would know that you'd tried.
    I wrote 'perhaps', didn't I? 🙂
    And I didn't write anywhere that anyone would know it, did I? 🙂
    And your comment is already made by KingDavid. So whats your point?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree