1. Joined
    05 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 23:00
    Hi,

I just lost to a guy who was banned from the site, I think probably because of the use of some software to play (he played veeery well)... Is it possible to get back the points I lost? It was a lot, I was 1570 and he was 1430...
    Thanks
  2. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:11
    not that I know of
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:24
    Nope - not possible.
  4. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 01:06
    Originally posted by loureiro04
    Hi,

I just lost to a guy who was banned from the site, I think probably because of the use of some software to play (he played veeery well)... Is it possible to get back the points I lost? It was a lot, I was 1570 and he was 1430...
    Thanks
    Not possible because he could have beaten you before he started cheating.
  5. Joined
    05 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 01:17
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Not possible because he could have beaten you before he started cheating.
    hum... but I think he started cheating right in the beginning... lost some awful and easy games, then start to win i think 30 in a row... I knew something was wrong because there wasn't any hesitation, I put some pressure in him and all moves were perfect...at some point he turned the game, and then I saw a play he would do, but instead, he moved a pawn... I thought it was nonsense...at the end... the pawn was the final touch...
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 01:52
    hum... but I think he started cheating right in the beginning... lost some awful and easy games, then start to win i think 30 in a row... I knew something was wrong because there wasn't any hesitation, I put some pressure in him and all moves were perfect...at some point he turned the game, and then I saw a play he would do, but instead, he moved a pawn... I thought it was nonsense...at the end... the pawn was the final touch...
    It doesn't matter when he started - it's all been discussed in the past.
    It's just too much of a nightmare to recalculate every game he played and then every game that was played by anyone who played his opponents........etc etc ad infinitum.........I would imagine.
    Everyone here has most probably played against engines - I know I have.
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 04:02
    i understand your frustration, but here is a perspective that might help. please don't take this the wrong way, i assure you that i would be irritated too, but this is how i work it out:

RHP ratings go up and down naturally. in fact, they vary quite a bit for very good reasons. sometimes i'm experimenting with a new opening. other times i'm getting lucky or am particularly sharp and knocking off some players 300 points stronger than me for a few games.

my point is that my rating goes back to approximate "my true rating" pretty quickly. NOTHING is lost or gained when you win or lose. NOTHING. Nothing of value. Nothing permanent. Nothing is lost in the sense that you have to "make it up with a constant loss forever." it's not like having money stolen. after 5 more games, the difference of that one engine cheater loss is almost invisible. after 10 games it might make a couple points difference at most. after 15-20 games, there is no difference at all.
  8. Earth
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 21:281 edit
    Hi,

Thanks
    No, there is no way.
    It isnt fair
    The injustice gets worse - all those with a game in progress with the banned player, will get the game scored as a win. But in cases where the banned player has multiple games (ie most cases) it will depend on the order that the site gurus result the games as to how many points you will get. If your game is resulted first you will get far more points than if yours is last, as the banned players rating will progressively lower like someone being timed out by his entire opponent list one by one. I was playing a guy rated 2100. The first guy given a win when he was banned got 32 points. By the time my game was resulted, the banned players rating was 1425, so I got one!!
    Not that any of us deserved any points, but it does add some weight to coquettes 'it all evens out the end' point of view 🙂
  9. Brisbane
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 02:18
    I don't seem to have "Challenge player" after my name in the player table and i can't work out how to put it there.
    Thanks
  10. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 02:202 edits
    Originally posted by Grevillea
    I don't seem to have "Challenge player" after my name in the player table and i can't work out how to put it there.
    Thanks
    You cannot see the link because you are unable to challenge yourself. Everyone else, however, can see it.

User 348372 - you should be able to see it now

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree