1. Joined
    06 Apr '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 12:20
    Everytime I hit "submit" a pop up ad for Daily Consumer Tips" comes up. This just started happening today. Is there anyway to stop this?
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 13:16
    Originally posted by awc222
    Everytime I hit "submit" a pop up ad for Daily Consumer Tips" comes up. This just started happening today. Is there anyway to stop this?
    Russ always tells us that there are no pop-up ads here. So maybe you want to check your computer for malware?
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 14:101 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Russ always tells us that there are no pop-up ads here. So maybe you want to check your computer for malware?
    If you are a sub, and you get pop-ups on this site, malware scan right away. The ads are not coming from this site, so act as soon a possible to remove any malware.

The advice is the same for non-subs too, but there is a (very) small chance that our preference to not server pop-ups is being ignored by an ad network. So if any other non-sub members are seeing pop-ups after a malware scan, please let us know via site feedback.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 18:00
    I see ads but do not consider them to be "popups".
    The ones I see are consistently located in the same place near the top and the ad goes all the way across.
    Some are lightly animated, and they usually change to another ad whenever I move to a different page or refresh the page.
  5. Los Angeles
    Moves
    01 Feb '14 09:34
    Originally posted by awc222
    I had the same problem. I downloaded an anti virus called malwarebytes & it took care of the problem immediately. It's free for 14 days but I ended up buying it
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    01 Feb '14 11:50
    Originally posted by taipei5200
    I had the same problem. I downloaded an anti virus called malwarebytes & it took care of the problem immediately. It's free for 14 days but I ended up buying it
    Just a note for anyone else reading this, 'spybot search and destroy' is free and certainly amongst the best...
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Feb '14 22:37
    Malwarebytes has a good free version too.
  8. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 01:23
    Ive downloaded malware, sptbot, and something called sparktrust, but those dammed ads just keep popping up. Any ideas anybody.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree