Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 29 Apr '03 14:17 / 1 edit
    Russ or Chris,

    Allow only one posting per account per day by none members! Only PAWN STARS should be allowed the priviledge to make multiple posters. If the postings are abused, the priviledge could be suspended or even revoked.

    I believe the cut down in number of games from 10 to 6 is just leading to the creation of more accounts and it will not have the desired effect. I believe that the non-member should be actually to play up to 20 games, which would reduce the number of active accounts.

    This would cut down the junk postings. I know that several accounts may be used, but that will be annoying for the poster, and that's the point!

    Another way to cut down on multiple accounts is to refuse free accounts from hotmail, yahoo, etc.

    Rolf

    Silver24 / Son of Luck
  2. Standard member orkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    29 Apr '03 18:22
    Originally posted by Silver24
    Russ or Chris,

    Allow only one posting per account per day by none members! Only PAWN STARS should be allowed the priviledge to make multiple posters. If the postings are abused, the priviledge could be suspended or even revoked.

    I believe the cut down in number of games from 10 to 6 is just leading to the creation of more accounts and it will not ha ...[text shortened]... accounts is to refuse free accounts from hotmail, yahoo, etc.

    Rolf

    Silver24 / Son of Luck
    Is this a ploy to rid the forums of CFC or is this a good idea?
  3. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    29 Apr '03 18:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Silver24
    Russ or Chris,

    Allow only one posting per account per day by none members...
    I don't like this idea at all!!!
    th
  4. Standard member orkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    29 Apr '03 19:51
    Originally posted by thire
    I don't like this idea at all!!!
    th
    Why not, you've got a star?
  5. 29 Apr '03 20:27
    it is unfair to non-stars.

    I think there should be a way to suspend posting rights for anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks if that person is posting offesive stuff (cum toker, tuco...etc...)
  6. 30 Apr '03 07:23
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    it is unfair to non-stars.

    I think there should be a way to suspend posting rights for anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks if that person is posting offesive stuff (cum toker, tuco...etc...)
    Remember, most of the spam is done by non-pawn-stars!

    Rolf
  7. Standard member Omnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    30 Apr '03 07:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Silver24
    Remember, most of the spam is done by non-pawn-stars!

    Rolf
    Is there so much spam that you would penalize me for the actions of others? You may do so if you wish, but the day that comes is the day I leave the site, even if I have a star at the time.
  8. 30 Apr '03 07:37
    Originally posted by Silver24
    Remember, most of the spam is done by non-pawn-stars!

    Rolf
    its doesnt matter.
    there are lots of nonstars who have stuff to say worth reading
    because a few mess with that right to post so much that you have to take it away from them doesnt mean you should take it away from the good guys.
  9. 30 Apr '03 07:41
    Ok,
    What about a way to alert a user, and anytime that person posts something it doesnt show up until a modrator acepts it?

    this will also work for new joiners to the site.

    I'm thinking there counld be some kind of voteing system for modrators to tell if someone needs to be 'suspended'
    -Adam
  10. Standard member orkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    30 Apr '03 16:24
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    Ok,
    What about a way to alert a user, and anytime that person posts something it doesnt show up until a modrator acepts it?

    this will also work for new joiners to the site.

    I'm thinking there counld be some kind of voteing system for modrators to tell if someone needs to be 'suspended'
    -Adam
    Thats what they do on forums like these on other sites.
  11. Donation belgianfreak
    stitching you up
    02 May '03 14:24
    that's how it was when I joined this site - any post you nade was hidden until a moderator OK'd it. After a few posts were accepted you could post directly.

    I always found, while child minding, the best way to enforce good behavior was to give them something that was a priveledge and which could be taken away. Giving people the priveledge of direct posting, which could be revolked, could be an idea.

    Downsides:
    1) time strain on mods to go through all posts
    2) if mods had to moderate so many posts then there would be the question of "what is allowed" all over again
    3) the spammer would be flooding the mods "to be OK'd" list instead of the forums. Admitedly, because he couldn't see the effect, he'd probably give up sooner...
  12. 03 May '03 05:27 / 4 edits
    Originally posted by Silver24
    Russ or Chris,

    Allow only one posting per account per day by none members! Only PAWN STARS should be allowed the priviledge to make multiple posters. If the postings are abused, the priviledge could be suspended or even revoked.

    I ...[text shortened]... counts from hotmail, yahoo, etc.

    Rolf

    Silver24 / Son of Luck
    I'd be interested to know if there was a jump in the number of new users just after the 10 to 6 game limit change.

    To be honest I did consider creating a bogus account, but on reflection decided it was too much hassle. Instead I have spent time concentrating on my remaining games.

    Wrt free accounts, banning hotmail/yahoo etc wouldn't work. This problem is too easy to get around and there are too many free ISPs.
    Furthermore they are often used as a means to protect privacy. Initially you can never trust a site - you don't want to be bombarded with loads of junk mail to your main account!

    Wrt posting per account, I feel the diversity of opinion offered by non-members is good - they come and go cf members. I'd rather put up with a few idiots rather than limit everyone else.

  13. Donation Luckonline
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    04 May '03 17:01
    Originally posted by Lazaraus
    I'd be interested to know if there was a jump in the number of new users just after the 10 to 6 game limit change.

    To be honest I did consider creating a bogus account, but on reflection decided it was too much hassle. Instead I have spent time concentrating on my remaining games.

    Wrt free accounts, banning hotmail/yahoo etc wouldn't work. This prob ...[text shortened]... ome and go cf members. I'd rather put up with a few idiots rather than limit everyone else.

    I believe that the non-members should have a limited number of posting per day, let say max 5!
    In five postings, they can get out what they want to say!

    Harri

    Luck