1. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 02:38
    is it possible to make a move but not submit it?
    i would like to be able to make a preliminary move, go to another game and have that preliminary move saved when i come back.
    at present if i make a move and don't submit but go to another game and come back, the piece is back where it was.
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 02:54
    Write the move in the game notes, make sure you don't have the move made on the board and click submit. The note will be saved.

I think right now that's the best you can do now
  3. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 03:00
    thank you
    I'll try that
  4. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 06:09
    I open each game in a new window or tab - helps me keep track and I can play provisional moves and come back after you've thought about it.
  5. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 19:581 edit
    Originally posted by topnzbrb
    is it possible to make a move but not submit it?
    i would like to be able to make a preliminary move, go to another game and have that preliminary move saved when i come back.
    at present if i make a move and don't submit but go to another game and come back, the piece is back where it was.
    Use firefox (or another browser that supports tabs)
    Open each game you want to play in a separate tab - You can then make a move in each game without submitting, and cycle round your tabs while you work out if they're good moves or not.
    They are gone if you close the browser - as suggested above, use the notes feature for saving moves/lines for future reference.

[edit: totally missed your post RDM - didn't mean to repeat]
  6. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 15:39
    Originally posted by topnzbrb
    thank you
    I'll try that
    allso try the ''Analyze board'' when looking at a game, if you didnt see it yet.
    pretty nice option.
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 15:40
    Originally posted by orangutan
    Use firefox (or another browser that supports tabs)
    IE has tabs in the latest versions, but they stole it from FF!🙁 besides its less nice in usage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree