1. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    20 Jan '03 20:561 edit
    This was mentioned some time ago, but I thought I'd raise it again.

As far as I know, there's no simple way to print out the chessboard in one of your RHP games. Printing screen in the browser produces chessboard with no black squares. The only way I know of is to load up a chess program, set up the position, and print from that program. That's certainly doable, but it's a bit of a hassle (and you can't do it unless you are at your home computer).

It would be great if there were a link (perhaps from the game details or game history page) that brought up a page with a printable board on it.
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    20 Jan '03 22:40
    It would be great to be able to print out an A4 page with, say, six boards on it - to take away on holiday when web acces might be impossible.

The only way I've found of doing it is to do a 'screen capture' and paste the board into an image manipulation program.
    I haven't tried it with the mini boards - are they big enough?

Rhymester
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    21 Jan '03 20:32
    It would be great to be able to print a whole "game-report":
    let's say six positions (little boards) und the hole game history with messages, ...
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Jan '03 21:09
    That is an interesting idea - and I can even have it open up and appear in MS Word for windows users. 🙂

Not a priority - but on the list, nevertheless. Just because it will be fun to program more than anything.

-Russ
  5. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    21 Jan '03 21:11
    although I am a micro$oft-user:
    why not creat an pdf-report?
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 10:49
    Originally posted by Russ
    Not a priority - but on the list, nevertheless.
    I'm not so experiencd here:
    Is this "list" anywhere availible?
    -- th
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 11:471 edit
    Originally posted by thire
    I'm not so experiencd here:
    Is this "list" anywhere availible?
    -- th
    Well, no.

To tell you how I arrange my work on the site - I have a big blank book (which I call my 'daybook'😉 and I write lists of everything I am working on in there. So, is this list available? Yes, but only on my desk, and then only if you can read my terrible hand writing. 😉

I am reluctant to publish it - as I don't want to set expectations for what is coming soon, and when it will be available, just in case something else happens in my life (like my day job demands more of my time)

-Russ
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 14:53
    So, is this list available? Yes, but only on my desk, and then only if you can read my terrible hand writing. 😉
    so I hope then you can read this note (printable game reports) still in a moth or two 😉
  9. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    22 Apr '03 12:27
    Originally posted by thire
    so I hope then you can read this note (printable game reports) still in a moth or two 😉
    okay, 3 month passed and now I just want to bring up again the old idea of jgvaccaro 😉
    th
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Apr '03 14:42
    I am able to print out any position quite easy. I have Winboard, a simple little program. Email the history of a game home, cut and paste the moves (or fen position) to Winboard and print screen.
    😉
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '03 17:35
    Unlikely as it may seem, I had a quick stab at this at the weekend. I wanted to release something simple before I went away – so I thought I would try and do this.

Unfortunately, my quick fix method failed to work – so I will have to think of a new approach and try again another day.

-Russ
  12. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    22 Apr '03 18:59
    Unlikely as it may seem, I had a quick stab at this at the weekend. I wanted to release something simple before I went away – so I thought I would try and do this.

Unfortunately, my quick fix method failed to work – so I will have to think of a new approach and try again another day.

-Russ
    I just tried it and it worked fine, grid lines and all. Before I had to use the print screen option to use it, but today I didn't. You may also go into game history and try printing, especially if there are comments in the regular game you don't want to print.
    -Bob
  13. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    23 Apr '03 07:31
    That is an interesting idea - and I can even have it open up and appear in MS Word for windows users. 🙂

Not a priority - but on the list, nevertheless. Just because it will be fun to program more than anything.

-Russ
    How about a straight jpeg link, for those of us who do not use microsoft products (well as little as possible).

-mike
  14. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    23 Apr '03 12:531 edit
    Originally posted by trekkie
    How about a straight jpeg link, for those of us who do not use microsoft products (well as little as possible).

-mike
    yes, or as I mentioned above, a pdf (portable document file) 😉
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree