1. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    27 Jul '03 16:27
    If I have a tough game going on I prefer to print out the playchess.php-page and think about my next move on the way home from work.
    It would be nice to have a printer friendly version of the board. At the moment the printers I use don't print the black squares, no lines on the board and some information gets cut off as well.

Gotti
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Jul '03 17:40
    Originally posted by gotti2000
    If I have a tough game going on I prefer to print out the playchess.php-page and think about my next move on the way home from work.
    It would be nice to have a printer friendly version of the board. At the moment the printers I use don't print the black squares, no lines on the board and some information gets cut off as well.

Gotti
    Well, apologies for sounding repetitive, but this is on the list and not far off.

I am currently pondering what to do to the board view to accommodate printing, position analysis and some general interface tweaks.

So expect this probably towards the end of next week.

-Russ
  3. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    27 Jul '03 20:08
    cool,

thanks
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 19:23
    @Russ:
    I hope (and think) U dont forget http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=3627
    th 😀
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 22:23
    Originally posted by gotti2000
    cool,

thanks
    I have now written this, along with the game analysis page. (For shifting pieces around.)

Should all be live tomorrow evening after testing.

-Russ
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 22:27
    Originally posted by thire
    @Russ:
    I hope (and think) U dont forget http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=3627
    th 😀
    Don't worry, I haven't.

-Russ
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    31 Jul '03 14:46
    OK, it is live.

Not quite what Thire wanted, but that can be added later.

-Russ
  8. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    31 Jul '03 15:35
    The print board doesn't actually work for me.... it looks OK on the screen but prints out with no squares and a mixture of pieces and 'x' boxes - often a piece actually overprinting an 'x' box.

This is on my Windows 98 PC by the way.... AOL 8.0.

Rhymester
  9. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    31 Jul '03 16:28
    Originally posted by Russ
    OK, it is live.

Not quite what Thire wanted, but that can be added later.

-Russ
    Never mind!!!

It's okay, but apart from this: RHP superhyperoverperfct!!!
    unfortunately I have to work all day and persons pass by my computer every 10 seconds... I'd like to play all day long!!! 😀 😀

The printing does not work very good; all black fields with pieces on them are just black on the right side of the piece.
    I use Win NT and some laserprinter (at work 😛 ).

It would be nice to have the gamehistory avaliable and to print some more boards on one page: they can be much smaler!

But its nice and good and fun!! 🙂 🙂
    Thanks a lot for all these things!!!

th

10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    31 Jul '03 17:28
    I may have tried to be a bit too clever for my own good here. The alternative is to ask people to change their browser settings to print background images and colours, but I came up with a way around that - which works on IE and Opera just fine.

Any other people got problems? Let me know what browser version you are using if you are.

Cheers,

-Russ
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    31 Jul '03 21:14
    I just tried it on one of my games, and it switched colors on me. In the game I tried, it lists me at the top playing white, when in reality I'm playing black. I tried 'flip board', and it still had me playing the wrong color.

Other than that, it looks good. The black squares are a little on the 'faded out' side on the printouts, but not really a major problem there.

I'm using win98, ie6, on a laptop IBM thinkpad 600.

Marc

12. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 07:23
    yes, I guess its the browsers version:
    IE 5.0
    I dont want to update it here at work...

for printable boards I see 2 or 3 main things:

a) print this board for an analysis at home for the next move
    b) print this game (that I lost) for an analysis WHY I lost: gamehistory and notes and some (5?) boards would be nice.
    c) print my next 10 games (at once and on one page) to think of good moves at home.

why dont you "paste" the pieces on the board, there are many good functions in php. then the actual position is just one image. If this takes too much server resources: I dont think that the printboards are very very often used: just max once a day...

have a nice WE
    th
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 09:02
    IE 5.0 is troublesome. And should be patched anyway.

5.5 should be fine (although not tested, this is just the case for other stuff I've done.)

-Russ
  14. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 10:111 edit
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I just tried it on one of my games, and it switched colors on me. In the game I tried, it lists me at the top playing white, when in reality I'm playing black. I tried 'flip board', and it still had me playing the wrong color.

Marc

I have tested this on a few other games and it appears to be a constant error.

Marc

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree