1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 00:16
    I saw this 4 move mate by BigDogProblem, and went to print it out but what came out was all the stuff on the screen, RHP upper left and Posers and Puzzles, etc., but in the box where the position should be its white out time. I have a box with a border line but no squares or pieces showing. Is there something I should be doing differant?
    I hit select all and everything blued out but the position. Is it not supposed to be able to print out? Whats up?
  2. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 01:221 edit
    I think that the board is constructed dynamically, whenever you access the page, and as such it wigs out when you try to print. How's that for an explanation?

I usually do some kind of screen capture and print from that.

EDIT: There is a Print Board feature on the game page itself -- It's on the right-hand side, just to the right of "Analyze Board." Does that not work for you?
  3. Berks.
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 06:51
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    I think that the board is constructed dynamically, whenever you access the page, and as such it wigs out when you try to print. How's that for an explanation?

I usually do some kind of screen capture and print from that.

[b]EDIT:
    There is a Print Board feature on the game page itself -- It's on the right-hand side, just to the right of "Analyze Board." Does that not work for you?[/b]
    It's a board posted in a thread, so he'd have to use the screen capture. Or reply & quote and then copy the FEN into another program which can pe printed from.
  4. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 19:21
    Originally posted by Peakite
    It's a board posted in a thread, so he'd have to use the screen capture. Or reply & quote and then copy the FEN into another program which can pe printed from.
    Ah so. For screen capture, I love Techsmith's Snagit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree