Moves
    06 Sep '08 12:45
    I always have to refresh manually (F5).
    Are my Windows settings wrong?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 13:501 edit
    I don't believe this site will refresh automatically.

You need to either refresh the page manually or move around to different pages in order to see updated information.

Also, some of the data and statistics are only updated at periodic intervals during each day, so you may have to wait for several hours before seeing a change in some of these statistics.

If you are watching a game board and expect to see your opponent actually make a move as would happen in a live online game, you will not see that happen. You need to manually refresh the page to see if a move has been made.

The forums work the same way, so if you are waiting to see if there are any new reply posts in a thread, you will need to refresh the page manually.
  3. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 16:12
    Try this, it worked for me:

Have you tried making sure that your browser always requests up-to-date pages?
    I.E : tools->internet options->general tab->settings for temp. internet files. Make sure the "every visit" option is selected.
    Firefox: tools->options->advanced -> network tab. Set the cache size to zero.

Thanks to user "orangutan" for the above advice.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 16:58
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Try this, it worked for me:

Have you tried making sure that your browser always requests up-to-date pages?
    I.E : tools->internet options->general tab->settings for temp. internet files. Make sure the "every visit" option is selected.
    Firefox: tools->options->advanced -> network tab. Set the cache size to zero.

Thanks to user "orangutan" for the above advice.
    I may be wrong, but I don't think this will cause a page to automatically update or refresh. You still will need to manually do it.

I think that is what the original poster was wondering about.

For example, if you go to the "public games" page you will see a very current display of game moves that are being made by members who are currently logged on and playing. It will be up-to-date for the time that you go to the page. Members are constantly making moves and new ones are added to this page every second or two, but if you just sit and watch the page you will not see and newer moves added to the list until you refresh the page. It will not automatically update on your screen.

However, your procedure will ensure that when you go to a page a new and most current page will be displayed rather than an older version that would possibly be saved in your cache, as you are basically doing away with saving a cache if I understand it correctly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree