1. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 19:33
    Does anyone else see a black line beneath the pictures in some profiles?
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 21:00
    Originally posted by Ramned
    I see them - but not in all profiles, some have and some haven't.

Some are bigger than others too - look at this one.

User 67898
  3. The sky
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 21:07
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Interesting. The pictures used to get distorted if they didn't have the right ratio between height and breadth, now it seems that black line is added instead, and the picture is hosted on TFC.
  4. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 21:24
  5. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 22:334 edits
    User 340422 The black line at the bottom isn't that noticable. I don't like this new system of avatars. 😠
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 03:39
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    User 340422 The black line at the bottom isn't that noticable. I don't like this new system of avatars. 😠
    That's because you don't understand it. Previously I could host any size image I wanted somewhere and have it appear in my profile or next to my posts. It could be multiple megabytes. And everytime you tried to view the page you'd download it.

Or I could set a password on it and have a password popup appear on a RHP page. Then using logs I could capture all of the entries and cross reference them with RHP users and likely learn the passwords of a large number of players.

Or I could be competely retarded and unable to grasp hosting an image and linking to it and post a thread in the Help forum. And then 900 of my friends would do the same when they also couldn't work it out.
  7. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 04:18
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    That's because you don't understand it. Previously I could host any size image I wanted somewhere and have it appear in my profile or next to my posts. It could be multiple megabytes. And everytime you tried to view the page you'd download it.

Or I could set a password on it and have a password popup appear on a RHP page. Then using logs I could captur ...[text shortened]... elp forum. And then 900 of my friends would do the same when they also couldn't work it out.
    I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

But seriously. Edit the size down with whatever program you have that will let you edit an image, then repost/rehost via imageshack.com or whatever way you want to host your avatar... you'll be rid of the dark line. I'll be doing this tommorrow myself.
    Oh yeah.... and never reuse your passwords...

-J
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 11:39
    Originally posted by Jamin
    I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

But seriously. Edit the size down with whatever program you have that will let you edit an image, then repost/rehost via imageshack.com or whatever way you want to host your avatar... you'll be rid of the dark line. I'll be doing this tommorrow myself.
    Oh yeah.... and never reuse your passwords...

-J
    Now you don't understand. The system is being changed. Currently you can't update your avatar at all and soon you will update by entering a file location and having the image hosted on RHP servers rather than an outside one.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 13:01

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree