Profile upgrade

Profile upgrade

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
16 Jul 03
1 edit

What changes do you have in mind for the profile page?

In addition to what is already there, maybe it could be upgraded so that it includes access to anything you could want to know about that member, or links to that info., such as:
- last time they made a move.
- link to the members 'rating/time' graph (add a horizontal 'current average' line to the graph)
- link to the members performance chart showing who they have played, with the results, etc.
- link to allow sending them a private message.
- link to allow challenges (include info. about their current challenge settings.)

I know much of this is already available if you navigate around the different pages on the site, but it would be convenient to have it all in one place as well, in my opinion.

That's all I can think of right now but others can probably think of more things to add.

just another thought....
Marc

DB

Moves
16 Jul 03

Great idea Marc.Especially the "challenge"feature!

RHP Member No.16

Moves
16 Jul 03

It would probably need to be changed from a pop-up window into a full sized page, but I do think it would be a major improvement. The links and statistical update things could be automatic and the member could still add their own graphic and personal message.

Marc

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
16 Jul 03

you may be able to keep it the same size but with some buttons on it. You could have all the normal stuff on the first page with links to everything else. So when you click on one of the buttons it refreshes with all of that info on it, allowing you to back up some how to go to the person's "home" profile. A little complicated, but kinda neat. 😀

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Jul 03

Originally posted by mwmiller
It would probably need to be changed from a pop-up window into a full sized page, but I do think it would be a major improvement. The links and statistical update things could be automatic and the member could still add their own graphic and personal message.

Marc
These will all go in.

I was going to move away from the pop-up anyway, so there should be no problem including all your ideas.

-Russ

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
17 Jul 03

Russ, what happened to the original pawn star "shield" that was to the right of the wings? I was rather proud to have that icon, as I'm sure others are (were). Why was it removed?:'(

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
17 Jul 03

Originally posted by chancremechanic
Russ, what happened to the original pawn star "shield" that was to the right of the wings? I was rather proud to have that icon, as I'm sure others are (were). Why was it removed?:'(
Sorry I didn't get back to you via the feedback you sent (I was about to deal with unanswered feedback after browsing the forums.)

The shield (or gray blob, as many saw it) was removed due to the confusion being caused by the number of abstract icons next to users names.

But, don't worry too much. Some text has been added to the profile page explaining that you were an original pawn-star. This will be made more prominent when the profile page gets a rewrite (pretty much next in the queue to be done).

-Russ

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
17 Jul 03

Thank You for a quick response and outstanding customer service!....Rock On!!!