Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member xwiz
    Lord of All Creation
    26 Jun '04 20:58
    In a recent game I attempted to promote a pawn to a queen. For some reason, it came out as a knight. The game's still going on, but (obviously) not quite as I'd like. Anyone else had this problem? I'm not looking for a way to win, but it'd be nice to know why it happened and if there's a magic wand solution... 🙂
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    26 Jun '04 21:00
    I've never had this happen, but will admit it's been a long time since I marched a pawn!

Good luck, but this will be a hard bug to prove.

P-
  3. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    26 Jun '04 21:12
    Probably your best action would be to send Russ a message and give him the game number, etc. and he can possibly look through it and find out what happened.

regards, Marc
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    27 Jun '04 08:22
    Originally posted by xwiz
    In a recent game I attempted to promote a pawn to a queen. For some reason, it came out as a knight. The game's still going on, but (obviously) not quite as I'd like. Anyone else had this problem? I'm not looking for a way to win, but it'd be nice to know why it happened and if there's a magic wand solution... 🙂
    This has been reported by 1 or two people recently.

Which browser are you using please? (I think this could be sepecific to a version of Opera.)

-Russ
  5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    27 Jun '04 08:22
    Originally posted by Russ
    This has been reported by 1 or two people recently.

Which browser are you using please? (I think this could be sepecific to a version of Opera.)

-Russ
    Oh, and if you want me to fix the game, you need to suspend play straight away.

-RUss
  6. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    27 Jun '04 10:23
    U R takling about Game 521877, right?
    th
  7. Standard member xwiz
    Lord of All Creation
    27 Jun '04 17:35
    I'm using Safari 1.2.2, under MacOS 10.3.4. And yeah, it's game 521877.
  8. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    27 Jun '04 21:13
    I'm using Safari 1.2.2, under MacOS 10.3.4. And yeah, it's game 521877.
    That's actually kinda cool.I never saw 3 knights before 😀