1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    16 Oct '03 07:03
    Whether a player is new, a rising grandmaster, experimental and adventurous, embarks on an unbeleivably massive number of three day games and gets timed out on a string of fifty, or whatever; If their ratings are changing rapidly then i beleive they should only have a small affect on the ratings of their opponents.
    I suggest that if anyone's rating from 20 games ago differs by more than 80 points from their present then they be considered temporarily provisional. Then they have only half the affect on their opponents and their opponents have full (or more) affect on them.
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    16 Oct '03 07:05
    ps i put this same post in the developer's section but after a month with no feed back i felt that it was hidden from view.
  3. Standard memberderek9037
    Elder Statesman
    Moves
    16 Oct '03 09:53
    Previously I thought it might be wise to steer away from new/provisional players because you just don't know what you're getting. But after accepting a number of games I have to admit I was wrong, some of the most challenging/rewarding games I've played/am playing come into this category 😀
  4. Pretoria, SA
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 09:33
    Previously I thought it might be wise to steer away from new/provisional players because you just don't know what you're getting. But after accepting a number of games I have to admit I was wrong, some of the most challenging/rewarding games I've played/am playing come into this category 😀[/b]
    Prepare 2B challenged then. With a p on my name I can't get anyone with a decent rating to play
  5. Pretoria, SA
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 09:38
    Originally posted by derek9037
    Previously I thought it might be wise to steer away from new/provisional players because you just don't know what you're getting. But after accepting a number of games I have to admit I was wrong, some of the most challenging/rewarding games I've played/am playing come into this category 😀
    Now that's good putting up a maximum 10 day limit to avoid the challenge 😵 When you get a free game I'm next ok, or else I will think you are too chicken.
  6. Pretoria, SA
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 09:39
    Oops, that should have been 10games not 10 days 😳 in the previous post
  7. Standard memberderek9037
    Elder Statesman
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 10:19
    Hi Miless,

It's you who has reached your allotted max, but I snook a game in as White to get you there 😀
    Consider getting a star then you can play loads 🙄😀🙄😀

Also you take White when you get another free spot. Good luck.
  8. Pretoria, SA
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 10:34
    Originally posted by derek9037

It's you who has reached your allotted max, but I snook a game in as White to get you there 😀
    Consider getting a star then you can play loads 🙄😀🙄😀

Also you take White when you get another free spot. Good luck.[/b]
    Nope programming error. Someone call the programmer & tell them there is a bug.

I set my challenge settings to 10, was playing 5. Players without starts only allowed 6. So it seems as though the max challenge refers to your opponents not your own no of games in play.

And for the record the elder statesman is not chicken

😵🙄
  9. Standard memberderek9037
    Elder Statesman
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 10:41
    Sorry m8y, but unless I'm mistaken, you're only allowed six concurrent games at the moment, anyone with more knowledge care to confirm this 🙂
  10. Pretoria, SA
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 10:57
    Sorry m8y, but unless I'm mistaken, you're only allowed six concurrent games at the moment, anyone with more knowledge care to confirm this 🙂[/b]
    Yes, that's why I said it's a programming error. I was only playing 5. It blocked me cas U of your concurrent games.
  11. Standard memberderek9037
    Elder Statesman
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 11:09
    Again No 😉 I've had as many as 20+ games going with no limit set. You may be right though - a glitch in the program???

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree