1. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 06:36
    Hi Russ (and fellow chess addicts),

Because of the, in my humble opinion, great idea of siege I had this tiny little brainwave of a variant. Its probably not a new idea, but I will leay it before you anyway.

Its called Pyramid chess. And its easyest explained with this shedule:

2 2

3 3 3 3

4 4 4 4 4 4

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5

Pharaoh is at the top of the pyramid, as God-Emperor of his realm. But their is a line of successors who really want to be Pharaoh themselves. When you are in the 4th line of succesion you will first have to defend your succession against someone from the 5th line.

If you win this match against the 5th line you have earned the opportunity to challenge someone from the 3th line. If you win that match as well you trade places with the beaten successor form the 3th line.

This way you can work your way up untill the final glory: being God-Emperor of Egypt.

Of course, if you lose your first match against the successor from the 5th line you schange place with that player.

Basicly: first you have to defend your position to stay in line and earn the right to challenge. After the second win in a row you move up in the line of succession.

The end
  2. Joined
    14 Nov '03
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 12:28
    If i have to start at the bottom I will be ready to be mummified when I eventually reach the top :-)
    I prefer the 'king of the castle' Russ is introducing.
    I don t want to be an Egyptian pharao, i want to govern California
    😵 🙄 😀
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 15:41
    Originally posted by Nohup
    ..., i want to govern California
    😵 🙄 😀
    hey he is Austrian, as I am... 😉
    but I find the idea not too bad! But let's frist see how people like the sieges and then discuss your idea, no?
    th
  4. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 16:29
    The idea will not mummifi as soon as some members ... 😛 ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree