Rating

Standard memberReverb
Help 28 Aug '08 01:25
  1. Joined
    06 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Aug '08 01:25
    What happens if you resign a tournament game on the first move? Will your rating go down?
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    28 Aug '08 01:39
    Hello from New Braunfels.

Yes. Since you are out of the p1200 period, any lose will drop your rating some amount IIRC.
  3. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    28 Aug '08 02:53
    Originally posted by Reverb
    What happens if you resign a tournament game on the first move? Will your rating go down?
    Your rating won't be affected so long as the game ends before the third move.

FAQ
  4. Joined
    06 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Aug '08 14:51
    I knew that in an ordinary friendly game your rating won't go down if you haven't made 3 moves, but I wondered if tournament games were an exception. I don't see that they are in the FAQ.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Aug '08 15:051 edit
    I knew that in an ordinary friendly game your rating won't go down if you haven't made 3 moves, but I wondered if tournament games were an exception. I don't see that they are in the FAQ.
    I think the same rule applies... and you probably won't get to the next round if you resign a tourney.

Same goes for clan games, lost clan points and no rating change... and your clan leader probably won't appreciate deleting a clan game.

P-
  6. Earth
    Moves
    01 Sep '08 15:53
    No, it wont go down.
    Just had an opponent timeout in a tournament game without making a move. I didn't gain any rating points, he didn't lose any, so the same rule applies.
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    01 Sep '08 17:44
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I think the same rule applies... and you probably won't get to the next round if you resign a tourney.

Same goes for clan games, lost clan points and no rating change... and your clan leader probably won't appreciate deleting a clan game.

P-
    You can't delete a clan game or a tournament game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree