1. Guanajuato, Mexico
    Moves
    21 Aug '07 09:46
    On the “player tables” or someplace else, is there a way to see how your rating compares with others statisically, for example, where you fit on a bell curve of ratings?
  2. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    21 Aug '07 18:38
    Check out my thread 'Player Tables'.
  3. Guanajuato, Mexico
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 11:22
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    Check out my thread 'Player Tables'.
    I see your post, but I don't see any information there that tells me how to see where I fit in overall. The information I am looking for is in the order of "in the population of RHP players, 60% are rated better than you", or "here is a bell curve of ratings, you are currently here."
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 11:51
    Originally posted by rogers4
    I see your post, but I don't see any information there that tells me how to see where I fit in overall. The information I am looking for is in the order of "in the population of RHP players, 60% are rated better than you", or "here is a bell curve of ratings, you are currently here."
    It's pretty simple math.
    When you click on the player tables and scroll down to the bottom were it gaves the page numbers of players in order, It tells you right there how many players are on RHP. 18,487 as I'm writing this post.
    See were you place on the tables and then you can figure out what percent you are in as compared to the rest of the players here at RHP.
  5. Joined
    04 Mar '07
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 17:03
    site map--playertables😉
  6. Guanajuato, Mexico
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 20:40
    Thanks. I hadn't noticed the total at the bottom of the player tables. That makes it easy.

- Roger
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 21:34
    how would you account for the people with the same ratings as yourself, they are not above or below, and you would have to account for any multiple rating
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 22:03
    I think the only way to figure out accurately where you are on a graph is to actually count all multiple ratings as 1 rating
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 23:21
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    I think the only way to figure out accurately where you are on a graph is to actually count all multiple ratings as 1 rating
    well, I just number crunched ratings (675-875) only about 11% of the total available rating points 200/(Higest rating - lowest rating) I found that out of 281 players only 87 would be counted using the the value of 1 for all multiple ratings

70% less, so it looks that simply using your number the site gave you and the number of players on the site to figure out where you stand would be almost as usless as.......... what I just did!
  10. Guanajuato, Mexico
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 09:11
    It looks to me like your ranking is based both on your rating and the time you have had that ranking. When you go from, say, 1350 to 1360, you go to the bottom of the 1360 heap. So using the site ranking and total player number is probably as good as one can do.
  11. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 15:01
    Originally posted by rogers4
    It looks to me like your ranking is based both on your rating and the time you have had that ranking. When you go from, say, 1350 to 1360, you go to the bottom of the 1360 heap. So using the site ranking and total player number is probably as good as one can do.
    Hmm, I don't think that is right, actually. It looks like when there's a tie it goes in order of who joined the site earliest.

Not that it matters much where you are in a group of, say, 50 tied people out of 18,000+ total.

Also, I'm not sure how considering all ties as a single person would be helpful. If there are 100 people all tied at exactly 2000, that is still 100 people that are ahead of me. If they are all at 2000 or spread out from 1950-2050, what difference does that make?

It would be interesting to see some kind of bell curve/distribution graph, but of course that's not available from the stats we're given.
  12. Guanajuato, Mexico
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 09:55
    Originally posted by incandenza
    It would be interesting to see some kind of bell curve/distribution graph, but of course that's not available from the stats we're given.
    I think I'll post such a request on the site suggestions forum. Feel free to back me up!
    Thanks,
    Roger

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree