Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Subscriber PK
    surf bum
    01 Jul '03 23:24
    Would it be possible to set up a 'real time' chess mode option between players? We all know that in a 'real' game, more of the human element is brought in. Perhaps the time per move could be set, or even use chess clocks. Maybe a start time could be nominated using GMT. What yas rekon?
  2. Donation ChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    01 Jul '03 23:38
    Check out the Site Announcement forum. Somewhere in there is a thread about RHP Live. It's under development and I think once Russ has some more time it will be one of his projects to get running.

Bryan
  3. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    01 Jul '03 23:40
    Originally posted by PK
    Would it be possible to set up a 'real time' chess mode option between players? We all know that in a 'real' game, more of the human element is brought in. Perhaps the time per move could be set, or even use chess clocks. Maybe a start time could be nominated using GMT. What yas rekon?
    Take a look at the RHP live forum and you will see that Russ started working on that. There were some bugs and the project is currently on hold.

I believe Russ intends to continue with this and make it a reality, but I'm not sure where it is on his priority list.

regards, Marc
  4. Donation ChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    01 Jul '03 23:50
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Take a look at the RHP live forum ...
    regards, Marc
    Oops. Thanks Marc. I had the wrong Forum. 🙂