Red Tool Bar

Red Tool Bar

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Carolina

Moves
23 Jun 08

For some time now, whenever I click on the red toolbar for My Home, My settings... I get a message stating I am forbidden to access these on this browser.

I don't understand. Can someone please help me?

Thanks,
Big Gil

JoR
Scotch addict

Moves
24 Jun 08

I'm surprised no one has tried to help you with this yet.

I'm no expert, but I'm sure that the next questions an expert would ask would be: What is the name and version of the browser you are using? Do you have an alternative browser that you can try?

If you don't get effective help through this forum, try the "Send Feedback" link at the bottom of the page.

North Carolina

Moves
24 Jun 08

I made a mistake. It says Forbidden. you are denied access on this server, not browser. Sorry. Today, it isn't giving me the message, it just won't let me access them, the dropdown box disappears.

Thanks

D

Moves
24 Jun 08

Originally posted by Big gil
For some time now, whenever I click on the red toolbar for My Home, My settings... I get a message stating I am forbidden to access these on this browser.

Thanks,
Big Gil
Before sending feedback you may want to try deleting your cookies, as that is a common remedy to many errors on the site. This will clear saved passwords so if you are possibly logged into one of the RHP sister sites it will log you out and hopefully correct the problem.

For Firefox: Hold Ctrl+Shift+Del, select cookies

For Internet Explorer: Select Tools from the menu bar, select Internet Options on the bottom of that list, on the general tab you'll see Browsing History, click delete, then select cookies.

Hope this helps,
Drew

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Jun 08

I made a mistake. It says Forbidden. you are denied access on this server, not browser. Sorry. Today, it isn't giving me the message, it just won't let me access them, the dropdown box disappears.

Thanks
Still helps to know what browser you use, regardless of the message.

P-

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Jun 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Still helps to know what browser you use, regardless of the message.

P-
This gets reported from time to time, and I established recently with one person that the problem only occurred with IE. (And not Firefox)

If you can confirm this too, I will take another look what the potential causes are (I cannot duplicate it).

-Russ

North Carolina

Moves
25 Jun 08

Thanks to everyone for the support.
I deleted the temp cookies. No help, sorry.

I use IE and Vista.

The actual message is, "Forbidden You don't have permission to access/mygames/on this server."
That phrase is underlined then in italics it says,"Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.redhotpawn.com Port 80"

?????
Big Gil

F

Moves
25 Jun 08

I use IE and Vista.

The actual message is, "Forbidden You don't have permission to access/mygames/on this server."
That phrase is underlined then in italics it says,"Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.redhotpawn.com Port 80"

?????
Big Gil
Has it something to do with your fire wall? Only a guess out of the blue...

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
25 Jun 08
1 edit

I use IE and Vista.

?????
Big Gil
Under help (in IE) there should be a place telling you what version of IE you have, this may also help. Do you keep it updated?

P-

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
25 Jun 08

I use IE and Vista.

?????
Big Gil
This type of message normally is produced by the web-server when a request is made for a URL that you're not allowed (not logged in for instance). Now, if the rest of the site works and you don't get the problem in Firefox it could be some addin or plugin that's mangling the URL going to the server. (trailing slashes or their absence can be problematic)
Do you have a yahoo or google toolbar or any other "extra" like a web accelerator of some kind?
Might be worth un-installing such things or disabling them temporarily to see if that gets a fix.

North Carolina

Moves
25 Jun 08

I have IE 7. I didn't know I could update it, but I browsed for awhile and saw no updating options.

The rest of the sight works perfectly, and I can get to alot of things because the little black house on the left works. That's how I get to Forums.

North Carolina

Moves
25 Jun 08

I have no extra toolbars enabled. For the first year, there was never a problem.

thanks,
Big Gil

L

Moves
17 Jul 08

In my case (Vista/IE7) disabling the McAfee Phishing filter helped...

M

Moves
16 Oct 08

Thanks,
Big Gil
Yeah I've got the exact same problem, Can't access anything on the red toolbar-My Home, My settings. New Game, Forums, Community and Help. I'm hoping it's a glich that will sort itself out but it's been a few days now, I've done all the things suggested earlier but no joy

M

Moves
18 Oct 08

Originally posted by ManualEngine
Yeah I've got the exact same problem, Can't access anything on the red toolbar-My Home, My settings. New Game, Forums, Community and Help. I'm hoping it's a glich that will sort itself out but it's been a few days now, I've done all the things suggested earlier but no joy
Still can't access anything on red toolbar but i've noticed the message says redHAT and not redHOT. Could this be something to do with it ? This is on IE but however it works perfectly ok if I logon to site via my AOL software