1. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 22:52
    I have 3 x e-mails from RHP in my Google e-mail account letting me know that people I have never challenged, have deleted games I have never offered them!!!
    Anyone any idea what might be going on, and how I should best proceed???.
    I have two e-mails from someone who does seem to exist on RHP, and one from someone who seems not to exist on RHP.
  2. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 23:14
    Could it be from open invites that were deleted after acceptance and returned to the pot? The player who doesn't exist might be someone who has never made a move.
  3. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 23:50
    I don't make any open invites, and I hardly ever accept any (although I have done fairly recently from a friend of a friend). Only thing I can think of is that someone has joined RHP and has typed my Google e-mail address as theirs in error, but that seems extremely unlikely!. I'm tempted to try to contact the person mentioned that does seem to be a member of RHP, to see if he/she can shed any light, but I'm naturally very suspicious and this all does seem very sinister to me, but then I'm not very techno-savvy.
    Am I being paranoid about nothing, or am I correct to be suspicious about something so very very weird?
  4. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 01:15
    Well I can't explain it, but I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. I've been here for 18 months or so and I've never experienced anything that might give me cause for concern... except the occasional blunder 😉

I see there's a thread in this forum by Russ talking about some changes to the email system and perhaps the two are related..??

Someone will probably be along in a minute with a good explanation, but if not you could send feedback.
  5. SubscriberRay Gunz I
    SEMI TALENTED NOVICE
    Bronx, New York
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 04:041 edit
    Could be they have initiated the challenge and upon no response from you, have deleted the game themselves. When my games are running slow, I often just go looking for an opponent in the find a player area. I'll set a minimum/ maximum rating and see who pops up. Then I'll send a challenge to someone who is currently on-line, if they don't respond or go off-line without making a move, I just trash the game.

Also check your e-mail settings here at RHP. You might want to deactivate getting e-mail notifications.
  6. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 14:59
    Hi Ray,
    I think you might have explained it.
    Thanks very much putting my mind at ease.
    Regarding e-mail of move notifications, I have had that turned off for some time, but I notice it does still notify you of some things other than that an opponent has moved. Presumably one of those things is that a game has been trashed.
    Thanks again.
  7. SubscriberRay Gunz I
    SEMI TALENTED NOVICE
    Bronx, New York
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 18:16
    Originally posted by Drunken Fool
    Hi Ray,
    I think you might have explained it.
    Thanks very much putting my mind at ease.
    Regarding e-mail of move notifications, I have had that turned off for some time, but I notice it does still notify you of some things other than that an opponent has moved. Presumably one of those things is that a game has been trashed.
    Thanks again.
    No prob, glad to be of help.
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 16:444 edits
    Originally posted by Drunken Fool
    I have 3 x e-mails from RHP in my Google e-mail account letting me know that people I have never challenged, have deleted games I have never offered them!!!
    Anyone any idea what might be going on, and how I should best proceed???.
    I have two e-mails from someone who does seem to exist on RHP, and one from someone who seems not to exist on RHP.
    I think a couple people on RHP just came across your name somewhere on RHP and challenged you to a game or two, and then decided they didn't want to play you so they deleted the game or games before you even saw the games. This has happened to me several times before. Then you receive the e-mails when they delete the games.
    People can challenge you without a invite, and then later delete the games before you even see the games. You don't have to accept those challenges either. Just click on the trash can by the games before you move on them and it will delete the games. No need to worry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree