reminder help

Standard memberthire
Help 23 May '04 09:56
  1. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    23 May '04 09:56
    It would be nice to know when and how often I have sent a reminder to s.o. (so I know better whether I shall t/o him/her or not.)
    and I think reminders can always be sent, so matter what the t/o and t/b are. this could be improved.
    AND: I'd like to have wariningclocks before I use my timebank and when my opoonent is using his (old wish). is this possible?
    th
  2. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    23 May '04 19:13
    Originally posted by thire
    It would be nice to know when and how often I have sent a reminder to s.o. (so I know better whether I shall t/o him/her or not.)
    and I think reminders can always be sent, so matter what the t/o and t/b are. this could be improved.
    AND: I'd like to have wariningclocks before I use my timebank and when my opoonent is using his (old wish). is this possible?
    th
    Personally I don't see the need for a reminder anyway. I don't like receiving reminders. And the few reminders I do get are always within the time-out period, for example after 4 days with a 7 day time-out period. So I still have 3 days left! Be a little bit patient and stop annoying me with emails! 😉 If I am not moving it probably is because I don't have the time and not because I forgot the game. Sending me a reminder won't help. So if your suggestion is to make it possible to send reminder always, then I am against.

Further I have never received a reminder from someone warning me that he will time me out if I don't move within a day or something like that. Although that would be very kind, to me it is not necessary. If my time is up, just time me out. I have only myself to blame. 🙁

Adje

3. London
    Moves
    24 May '04 22:13
    I agree about reminders being somewhat bad manners.

However, I must admit I find them useful where someone has been playing daily (or faster) until they start losing. In such circumstances, especially when they have only one reasonable move, I will send them a reminder as soon as the option is available. If they find it annoying, I hope it will remind them that their tactics are annoying me.

On the other hand, if I have slowed down my own play, and not told my opponent why, I will take a reminder as a reasonable hint to mend my ways.

ry
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    25 May '04 08:55
    Just to make a clear statement:
    I don't like reminders.
    But sometimes they can be helpful: I play against some guys (friends) who just play against me and it happans that they forget about RHP (what an awful thing... 😠). I know them and I send them reminders when they used their t/b for some days...
    I posted because I wanted to start a discussion about reminder-improvements, which means for me: less reminders: Now they seem to be totally independet from the t/o and t/b. this could be changed. and - as I said in the first post - tell us, how many reminders I already sent. so I know better wheater I shall t/o my opponent or not.
    just some imporvements-thoughts...
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree